Cowboys Checking off all My Boxes

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lol, re-reading the OP, he had offensive line and safety both as one position. So his "positions of need" are LITERALLY every position on the field except for DE, TE, and kickers.

Just wait for his thread tomorrow titled "Look how many I got right!!!"

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Hurst should be removed from best available. He’s not going before the 7th when they take charity cases.

Playing in Michigan is completely different than Texas especially during OTAs in May and June and training camp at end of August.

They won’t go inside for every practice and do you really want a guy with a severe heart condition to put on pads day after day when it’s 95 outside and he’s having to collide with other 300 pounders?

I can see Cowboys taking him because of Michigan connection and letting him have his moment and even get 100 grand out of it which is awesome just out of college.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
Absolutely Jumbo. I really like this draft so far. The Cowboys had stayed put and drafted 3 players who seem likely to help. Would have liked Earl Thomas, but short of that, so far so good.

I still think ET will happen, the Hawks will want to get something from him knowing he is going to leave and what team would want to trade knowing he wants to go to Dallas? I think they'll take a pick for next year or possibly a 4th from this year.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Just wait for his thread tomorrow titled "Look how many I got right!!!"

Actually, by posting the ORDER OF PRIORITY for me, I've already shown I am wrong. The Cowboys picked a WR before the 7th round - something I wouldn't have done. So while you're having fun at my expense, you're really reading the without comprehending what I was saying, which was I wanted the positions picked in that particular order.

Again, I've ALREADY been proven wrong, so I don't see your point.

I've also admitted that was my priority list BEFORE Dez was released, and it came out that Witten might retire. Instead of dishonestly changing my priority list, I left it like it was - specifically to be open about how I've been thinking about the draft since February, and how my particular opinion of the order of priorities should be.

Furthermore, I would have been happy if the Cowboys picked Vea in the first round, even though that would have blown up MY priority list right out of the gate. I care more about being honest than being right. And I don't mind being wrong. Happens all the time.

garyv

Reaction score
I still think ET will happen, the Hawks will want to get something from him knowing he is going to leave and what team would want to trade knowing he wants to go to Dallas? I think they'll take a pick for next year or possibly a 4th from this year.
Give a 3 next year

Jumbo075

Reaction score
  1. Linebacker - check Leighton Vander Esch
  2. Offensive Lineman - check Connor Williams
  3. Safety
  4. Defensive Tackle - DE Dorance Armstrong (picked 4th)
  5. Linebacker - check Chris Covington (picked 8th)
  6. Backup RB - check Trade for Tavon Austin (used 7th pick for trade)
  7. Backup QB - check Mike White (picked 6th)
  8. Offensive Lineman - TE Dalton Schultz (picked 5th)
  9. Cornerback
  10. Wide Receiver - check Michael Gallup (picked 3rd)
Those were my priorities prior to all the Dez/Witten news.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
  1. Linebacker - check Leighton Vander Esch
  2. Offensive Lineman - check Connor Williams
  3. Safety
  4. Defensive Tackle - DE Dorance Armstrong (picked 4th)
  5. Linebacker - check Chris Covington (picked 8th)
  6. Backup RB - check Trade for Tavon Austin (used 7th pick for trade)
  7. Backup QB - check Mike White (picked 6th)
  8. Offensive Lineman - TE Dalton Schultz (picked 5th)
  9. Cornerback
  10. Wide Receiver - check Michael Gallup (picked 3rd)
Those were my priorities prior to all the Dez/Witten news.

What the heck is Armstrong doing as a DT and Schultz doing as an OL? They both weigh 240 pounds.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Even listing them at all under those positions is kind of disingenuous. I think you're just trying to pad out that list.

I don't know how you get that. Obviously, my priorities only matched the first two picks. The rest are very clearly NOT in line with my priorities, so where is the padding coming from. Again, the post makes it OBVIOUS how wrong I was. How is that padding anything?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't know how you get that. Obviously, my priorities only matched the first two picks. The rest are very clearly NOT in line with my priorities, so where is the padding coming from. Again, the post makes it OBVIOUS how wrong I was. How is that padding anything?

Why else would they be listed there? Schultz isn't an OL, not even close. Armstrong isn't a DT, not even close. I honestly can't think of another reason why they would be added to that list.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What the heck is Armstrong doing as a DT and Schultz doing as an OL? They both weigh 240 pounds.
that and we didnt need a CB put Byron JOnes in there and put check..hes the knew CB this year we may need safety but we have some Reid is still out there Vacarro as security blankets..TE should have been put on your list once we found out Witten is retiring.. so Check..