Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim DT Price

TheHerd

Reaction score
Zone running schemes made the big slugs obsolete. There are a few huge DTs that can move well enough but very few.

If you put a slow 360 pound DT on the field against zone running teams you'll be in trouble. Dlinemen have to flow down the line against zone runs.

I get that, but whenever we face these guys everyone frets we can't move him. Not every team runs the zone scheme promarily and even then not every run uses zone blocking.
Zone running schemes made the big slugs obsolete. There are a few huge DTs that can move well enough but very few.

If you put a slow 360 pound DT on the field against zone running teams you'll be in trouble. Dlinemen have to flow down the line against zone runs.

Yeah, 360 was an exaggeration. But 320 and slightly athletic isn't impossible. We defer to 290-300 and they seemed to get swamped a lot. Not every team uses the zone running scheme, and even then it's not every play. 3rd and 1 I'd love a block of concrete in the middle.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
I'll wait and see on this. I don't know a lot about Price, but I certainly haven't been overjoyed with anything Thornton has done here. A change could be a good thing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that, but whenever we face these guys everyone frets we can't move him. Not every team runs the zone scheme promarily and even then not every run uses zone blocking.

Yeah, 360 was an exaggeration. But 320 and slightly athletic isn't impossible. We defer to 290-300 and they seemed to get swamped a lot. Not every team uses the zone running scheme, and even then it's not every play. 3rd and 1 I'd love a block of concrete in the middle.

Teams don't keep a player for the 5 snaps per game against 3rd and 1.

If teams see that DT in the game then they'll go zone run repeatedly.

Even non- zone teams are adding zone runs to their playbook or outside runs that are very similar to zone runs.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Teams don't keep a player for the 5 snaps per game against 3rd and 1.

If teams see that DT in the game then they'll go zone run repeatedly.

Even non- zone teams are adding zone runs to their playbook or outside runs that are very similar to zone runs.
OK, you win!

I like Collins, so what we do elsewhere at DT is just to keep him clean to me.

RDE is my real DL concern anyway. The rest of the DL I am comfortable with.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
i

Cue Sunday Night Football theme.
Love child of Clark Kent and Wreck-it Ralph.:muttley:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, you win!

I like Collins, so what we do elsewhere at DT is just to keep him clean to me.

RDE is my real DL concern anyway. The rest of the DL I am comfortable with.

I think they'll be OK at RDE with Taco, Mayowa, DLaw and we'll see with Tapper. The guy from Green Bay will get snaps there also.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I'm really hoping he comes in and provides a missing piece that we have been missing. It's been a while since we had a nice big run stopper in there.