Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim QB Will Grier

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Who were you expecting eight days before the opening of the season - Don Strock? Steve Beuerlein?

Grier is a guy with some talent who needs to be reined in. They lose nothing by giving him a look.

First of all, no I didn't expect them to sign a top free agent qb, though really there's no one out there that's currently available that's a no brainer, if memory serves Foles is still under contract.

But you missed my point, what evidence is there that Grier is better than Rush or Gilbert? 52 passes isn't nearly enough to judge that. Gilbert has 44, about the same.
Signing one very limited experience quarterback to replace another is roster churning at its finest, or actually at its worst. He does seem to have better footwork from what little film I've been able to find on him, but that just means he's not quite as bad as DiNucci, who they just cut.

Lose nothing? I agree. Gain anything? Not really....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am not offended , I just can count 4 actual QBs that can be better future PS projects . MM projects worry me ….
you are not a coach for one nut glad you can count to 4 lol :muttley:

the PS has been expanded to 16 from the old 10 means extra spots for many players and get this,

i hope common sense doesn't ruin your day,

if we have to get to Denucci this season for any reason or any PS QB , the season IS OVER...

much like last year , Draft pick status ie nonintentional tanking will be in full effect..why the flip does it matter who the coach decided he wanted as project player that at least will know the system should we end up having a player like that finish a LOST season..?????

now again why are you so concerned? i doubt greir or rush are the guys should we be in contention and Dak does down,they will go grab a vet like Cam sitting and waiting on an opportunity..

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Ok. I liked his game at WV. Let’s see what he can do. Not like we are set.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He has started games. Thats a slight improvement. At WV he lit it up. The guy may just need a new system. We will see.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watched his preseason game against colts. Didn't look like his guys gave him much of a chance. Ehlinger looked great for colts. Guys made plays for him.
I saw that 2. I think things just went stale there. I think the change of scenery may help.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of their fans are bent about cutting Grier. Maybe that’s a good sign.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...anthers-made-the-wrong-decision-on-will-grier
Maybe. Sometimes we have to be careful with fan feedback on players. Some of our fans think our Kamara is DeMarcus Ware and that Noah Brown is starter quality. I’m glad we picked up Grier. I saw him play several times in college at West Virginia. He’s got a decent arm but I don’t think he’s anything special.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Grier is just as bad as Rush and Gilbert

I gues it’s true then if you say so. But Grier was a 3rd round pick, Gilbert 6th and Rush undrafted. Guess the scouts felt differently and we’ll just have to at least let Grier take one snap before declaring him a bust.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You think he's any better than Cooper Rush?

I don't know. I can say I watched Grier college and like what I saw from him, never saw Rush other than his time in Dallas. I can honestly say that for every team keeping the starting QB in the lineup is important and you hope if the backup comes in that it is for a couple of weeks but if the backup has to take over for any length of time it normally does not end well.

Verdict

Reaction score
Things that we aren't privy to.....

On the surface I'd rather be light a 6th and have Minshew but if any of that is at least close to true....definitely not.

Minshew is better than Grier, and Grier is better than Rush, although he will probably remain #2 until Grier learns the offense.

If MM wants a developmental QB around, Grier is much more worthy of that time spent than Nooch.
You would think that after a few weeks that Rush becomes more expendable if Grier truly is an upgrade (which he probably is).

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I gues it’s true then if you say so. But Grier was a 3rd round pick, Gilbert 6th and Rush undrafted. Guess the scouts felt differently and we’ll just have to at least let Grier take one snap before declaring him a bust.
Scouts felt different or the Panthers did?

basel90

Reaction score
you are not a coach for one nut glad you can count to 4 lol :muttley:

the PS has been expanded to 16 from the old 10 means extra spots for many players and get this,

i hope common sense doesn't ruin your day,

if we have to get to Denucci this season for any reason or any PS QB , the season IS OVER...

much like last year , Draft pick status ie nonintentional tanking will be in full effect..why the flip does it matter who the coach decided he wanted as project player that at least will know the system should we end up having a player like that finish a LOST season..?????

now again why are you so concerned? i doubt greir or rush are the guys should we be in contention and Dak does down,they will go grab a vet like Cam sitting and waiting on an opportunity..
It seems you are more concerned and anxious than me . Relax …. If it make you feel better , deNucci is the most optimal PS option out there !!! Let that sink in .

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Scouts felt different or the Panthers did?

Most draft experts had him going in the top half of the draft. He was given a scholarship to play at UF. The kid is talented. He just needs a chance with a decent supporting cast. He has yet to get that in his short stint in the NFL. Not sure how anyone can label him a bust especially someone who doesn’t watch him practice everyday. And bottom line it’s a cheap look see. I’d prefer to let it play out but I know some like to come across as the expert before the fact. For all Cowboys fans sake we should all be hoping this guy can play.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
"You really like his character makeup and his confidence and the way he throws the deep ball. What you won't like is that so many of his throws are tied directly to scheme and pre-snap reads. His week at Senior Bowl outside of what he's used to is going to be big for him." -- National scout for NFC team

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Most draft experts had him going in the top half of the draft. He was given a scholarship to play at UF. The kid is talented. He just needs a chance with a decent supporting cast. He has yet to get that in his short stint in the NFL. Not sure how anyone can label him a bust especially someone who doesn’t watch him practice everyday. And bottom line it’s a cheap look see. I’d prefer to let it play out but I know some like to come across as the expert before the fact. For all Cowboys fans sake we should all be hoping this guy can play.
Draft experts as evident from this past draft dont know anything