Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim QB Will Grier

sjmike

Reaction score
Only they would know but my own two cent opinion is that they would be afraid he would ruffle Dak's feathers in terms of a viable threat.
Dude, what is your problem? You take every opportunity to bash our starting quarterback. Did he steal your girl or something??

garyo1954

Reaction score
Seriously?
Honest question

Serious, but not serious where it would bother me if he went to parts unknown. But we kept him on the practice squad.
He'll never start, and we don't need that.

As far as backup, I was all in to get Streveler if he were released like the Rams GM thought. He is AZ QB who ate our lunch with the QB draw. (not released)
Then Sinnett or Shurmur. Or Davis Webb or Luton or Buechele or Driskel (all these guys were released).

That's just my 2 cents.......which won't buy anything (and only make the down payment on FREE stuff these days).

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I can't say how Grier will do but I have watched him when he was with WVU and I think the guy has some game. Not looking for a savior just a guy who can come in and backup to keep the ship righted should Dak miss any time. As for him taking over for more than a few games we likely would be in trouble unless the defense is playing great ball.
You think he's any better than Cooper Rush?

basel90

Reaction score
good move adding Grier. But why retain Denucci on the practice squad ? isn't there better options out there?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd like to hear what papy has to say about that.
i would not we all know his reply..he needs to lighten up on trolling dak supporters. Actually post on subjects not including dak, participate in the group as whole/

he ducks in and riles up rockport and ducks back out..

Plankton

Reaction score
Grier is a guy who makes a lot of impulse throws. He has ability, but that has to be dialed down if he's to have a chance in this league. He's far more gifted than Rush, and he is a grinder. Not a bad thing to take a chance on him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Mehhh im not impressed! But fits the mold of this organization not wanting to bring in a guy that might make Dak uncomfortable.

They literally signed Andy Dalton a guy who started in the league for a decade, last season.

But yeah. They won’t sign somebody because they’re afraid of making Dak uncomfortable.

there is zero basis for this.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You think he's any better than Cooper Rush?
hed be making a wild assumption, i saw many throw's rush made in practices and s games that says he can finish out game and possibly start one. Until a fresh unproven guy like this proves to the coaches hes better hes simply a emergency third and denucci is back on the PS..

no way will just rolls in off the plane and is better then rush in this offense..no proof whatsoever..

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Grier is a guy who makes a lot of impulse throws. He has ability, but that has to be dialed down if he's to have a chance in this league. He's far more gifted than Rush, and he is a grinder. Not a bad thing to take a chance on him.

Good description. He’s got a little Favre on him for sure. Good pocket presence, a strong arm and good accuracy. He just needs to not force the ball and learn not to hold it too long. Much more athletic that Rush and could grow into a solid #2 guy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They literally signed Andy Dalton a guy who started in the league for a decade, last season.

But yeah. They won’t sign somebody because they’re afraid of making Dak uncomfortable.

there is zero basis for this.
exactly the narratives id say 90% are all tired and no validity to them..fans like to blurt out nonsense..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Yeah he's so good he was cut after throwing 52 NFL passes.

Another Rush or Gilbert...

blueblood70

Reaction score
good move adding Grier. But why retain Denucci on the practice squad ? isn't there better options out there?
its non guaranteed spot..why does it bother you hes on the PS..hes wildcard player who in a terrible rash of injuries at least knows the offense..he can be cut and added a 100times brought up sent down it means nothing..hes project that knows the offesne.those offended have personal issues..

Plankton

Reaction score
Yeah he's so good he was cut after throwing 52 NFL passes.

Another Rush or Gilbert...

Who were you expecting eight days before the opening of the season - Don Strock? Steve Beuerlein?

Grier is a guy with some talent who needs to be reined in. They lose nothing by giving him a look.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
yaaay-michael-che.gif

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Good description. He’s got a little Favre on him for sure. Good pocket presence, a strong arm and good accuracy. He just needs to not force the ball and learn not to hold it too long. Much more athletic that Rush and could grow into a solid #2 guy.
Oh ok, I get it. Jerry thinks he's got his hands another Brett Favre.:laugh:Can't wait.