Twitter: Cowboys close to a deal with Gallup?

blueblood70

Reaction score
No one can get open enough for Dak except Cooper . . . its gonna be a sheet show
ok Nostradamus:lmao2:

i guess lamb being the leading receive this year is lost on you. Many wrs got a lot of balls i mean he threw for over 4500 yards 37tds and only 10 picks odd AC didnt have 4500 yards nor many Tds and wasn't the leading WR , crazy huh??

AC might be missed early BUT MIGHT is word used instead of predicting impending doom before we see the roster and see some games..got it..shut the drama downs ok ..:popcorn:

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
The number I am hearing is $47.5 million for 4 years or about $12 million per. That seems like a lot for a # 3 receiver who is limping badly and rehabbing a bum knee. If he gets that deal he and his agent should be tickled. Would any other NFL team make the deal? Just Saying.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
The number I am hearing is $47.5 million for 4 years or about $12 million per. That seems like a lot for a # 3 receiver who is limping badly and rehabbing a bum knee. If he gets that deal he and his agent should be tickled. Would any other NFL team make the deal? Just Saying.

Well, they ask him to be a #2 now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What #1 Cooper ?.. That’s hilarious.
"Moving on from Cooper would be detrimental to Dak Prescott’s production. Cooper has been Prescott’s go-to weapon since 2018. During this stretch, the duo has combined for 23 touchdowns.

Since 2018, with Cooper on the field, Prescott is 28-16, the Cowboys average 28.7 points per game, his completion percentage is 67.9, averages 297.4 passing yards per game, and compiles a 102.9 passer rating. Numbers that show why the Cowboys paid Prescott last offseason.

However, without Cooper, Prescott is 3-6, the Cowboys average 20.2 points per game, his completion percentage drops to 63.5, averages 223.1 passing yards per game, and has a 86.1 passer rating.

Simple answer: Prescott needs Cooper on the field with him."

You'll see.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
"Moving on from Cooper would be detrimental to Dak Prescott’s production. Cooper has been Prescott’s go-to weapon since 2018. During this stretch, the duo has combined for 23 touchdowns.

Since 2018, with Cooper on the field, Prescott is 28-16, the Cowboys average 28.7 points per game, his completion percentage is 67.9, averages 297.4 passing yards per game, and compiles a 102.9 passer rating. Numbers that show why the Cowboys paid Prescott last offseason.

However, without Cooper, Prescott is 3-6, the Cowboys average 20.2 points per game, his completion percentage drops to 63.5, averages 223.1 passing yards per game, and has a 86.1 passer rating.

Simple answer: Prescott needs Cooper on the field with him."

You'll see.
33 players had more receiving yards last year than Cooper. You can mourn his departure but he’s overrated and extremely over paid. He ain’t no #1 receiver by any measure.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
33 players had more receiving yards last year than Cooper. You can mourn his departure but he’s overrated and extremely over paid. He ain’t no #1 receiver by any measure.
That's the fun thing about all of this.

We'll see what effect his departure has on the offense next season. We'll just see.

One of us will be right. I tend to side with what history has shown, but to each his own.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be upset with this contract if the guaranteed portion in low and an out after 2 years.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Just to clarify the Cooper/Gallup situation, the Cowboys are attempting to re-sign Gallup to be the number two receiver.

And they aren't cutting or trading their number one receiver. CeeDee Lamb isn't going anywhere.

Carson

Reaction score
Lmao. Jerry and Stephen thought they could sign him for $6 million per lol

I mean are you shocked?

Dude was supposed to be paid like one of the top handful of receivers. Being $6 million off isn't close. That's like saying he wants $12 per year and we came in low balling asking for $6. They will panic and be forced to pay him.

Might as well just keep Cooper, restructure it and draft.

Pretty much nailed this earlier. Predictable

Last edited:

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
No way would I give him 12m per. Let him walk. Fine with bringing Wilson back on a good deal. This draft is loaded with WR, IMO.