Twitter: Cowboys close to a deal with Gallup?

Adreme

Reaction score
You take the Legion of Boom away from that team and Wilson has zero rings right now.

That's why he's never led that team to squat without an all time great defense behind him.

You take the Denver defense away and Peyton does not win in 2015. You take away the Patriots defense and Brady has maybe 2 rings total. You take away the best weapons in the NFL and KC doesnt have a ring. No QB has ever won a QB on a bad roster. It just does not happen. This "lead to a title" is media nonsense. You need a QB and you need a team around said QB to win. That is just how the NFL is. Plenty of teams have great Super Bowl caliber QBs, what separates them is what you put around those QBs.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No reason to draft a WR in the first two days when there will be decent talent in day three.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No it isn’t. And all the sugarcoating in the world won’t change that. Cutting an actual #1 to keep a damaged #2 and some backups is a step backwards.

Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back. So did I. Feel free to go back and check.

It's actually happening exactly as I said it would. Business 101

[/QUOTE]
It is a win. Cry, complain and whine about it all you want. THERE IS A SALARY CAP PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH. Cowboys are simply making the most out of what they can afford while still fielding a competitive team. Amari Cooper regressed this past season compared to the previous 2 seasons. Plus, the Cowboys can't afford to pay him that much anymore. Facts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
that all sounds good, but lamb is not # 1 material, and gallup may never be the same after
coming back from the injury, could take at least a year to get back to where he was.
Smarter to just draft a guy.
Cowboys might just draft another WR.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Amari Cooper ain’t a #1 WR. There isn’t a metric anywhere to support that. Over 30 players had more yards than him last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a win. Cry, complain and whine about it all you want.

It’s clear who’s “crying and whining” about things. It isn’t me.

THERE IS A SALARY CAP PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH. Cowboys are simply making the most out of what they can afford while still fielding a competitive team. Amari Cooper regressed this past season compared to the previous 2 seasons. Plus, the Cowboys can't afford to pay him that much anymore. Facts.

Other “facts” that you want to “cry, complain, and whine” about is that Cooper is the best, most proven receiver the Cowboys have. And they were winless without him in 2021. Another “fact” is that’s he’s far from the only player not living up to the contract. There are several far worse. But the “fact” is that he’s the easiest for a poorly run team to cut.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The point was that Lamb is replacing Cooper, not Gallup
I know what you meant, but I don't believe Lamb or Gallup is built to be the #1 guy.

Cooper made both of them better by taking attention off them.

Hopefully I am wrong and CeeDee steps up, but he's going to have to show it on the field.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know what you meant, but I don't believe Lamb or Gallup is built to be the #1 guy.

Cooper made both of them better by taking attention off them.

Hopefully, I am wrong and CeeDee steps up, but he's going to have to show it on the field.
Last year's stats:

Yards
Lamb__1102
Cooper__865

Receptions
Lamb--79
Cooper__68

Yards Per Catch
Lamb __13.9
Cooper--12.7

TDs
Cooper__8
Lamb__6

First Downs
Lamb__54
Cooper__45

I think Lamb can be Cowboys #1 if he hasn't become that already

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I'm sure they lowballed him knowing that his agent would ask for a much higher amount no matter what the team offered. As usual, they will meet somewhere in the middle of two extremes.
That’s not how negotiations work

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That’s not how negotiations work

In any negotiations I've ever been a part of it is. The first offer from the employer is generally lower than what he is willing the pay and the first ask is more than what the employee is willing to accept. You don't want to start too high as the employer and you don't want to start too low as the employee.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Last year's stats:

Yards
Lamb__1102
Cooper__865

Receptions
Lamb--79
Cooper__68

Yards Per Catch
Lamb __13.9
Cooper--12.7

TDs
Cooper__8
Lamb__6

First Downs
Lamb__54
Cooper__45

All I'm saying is let's wait and see how those numbers look without Cooper taking the majority of the attention before we crown Lamb.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
they better put a no dak complaining in his contract, if not he'll be gone like dez and cooper if he does. yo don't mess with the lame duck dack.

lame-duck-dak.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Other “facts” that you want to “cry, complain, and whine” about is that Cooper is the best, most proven receiver the Cowboys have. And they were winless without him in 2021. Another “fact” is that’s he’s far from the only player not living up to the contract. There are several far worse. But the “fact” is that he’s the easiest for a poorly run team to cut.
Id cut Lawrence before Cooper. Cooper put up a 90 catch season with back up QB's.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Last year's stats:

Yards
Lamb__1102
Cooper__865

Receptions
Lamb--79
Cooper__68

Yards Per Catch
Lamb __13.9
Cooper--12.7

TDs
Cooper__8
Lamb__6

First Downs
Lamb__54
Cooper__45

The offense has been pitiful without 19 on the field. I think this is a bad move.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Really? YOU ARE THE ONE COMPLAINING!!!!

NOT ME!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They didn't see it that way with D-Law, Cooper, and Dak.

You can't pay a player less than their market value (unless they just want to stay and take a discount). Lawrence was paid similar to other top DEs, which he was at the time. Cooper was actually paid less than he could have earned by leaving. Dak was paid similar to other QBs his caliber.

Gallup's ACL tear gives the Joneses an opportunity to get him for less than what he'd cost coming off a full, healthy season. If he had not missed games, his value would be higher. If he had not torn an ACL late in the year, his value would be higher. And it's likely Dallas would be letting him walk.

I understand that there were injury issues with those other players, but they had established their worth. This was Gallup's season to establish his and he wasn't healthy enough to do it.