Twitter: Cowboys close to signing Dontari Poe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Probably can’t sign him yet because the nfl has put a mandatory stop to players getting a physical for now.

So no more physicals league wide?

This kinda puts a halt to free agency, hard to imagine any team signing a player without giving them a physical first to make sure they are not damaged goods.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Reportedly, the Cowboys have already done their homework by looking into Dontari Poe, Snacks Harrison, Suh and Pennel as well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So no more physicals league wide?

This kinda puts a halt to free agency, hard to imagine any team signing a player without giving them a physical first to make sure they are not damaged goods.
I can still see some "hand shake" deals happening. Especially since we are deeper into FA. Right now, agreeing to terms only to have the player fail a physical isnt as crippling now as it would have been a week ago

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hope thats the case. Even in the late stages, NFL FA is giving me some sports normalcy lol
lol, I hear ya...…..…….with virtually every sporting event cancelled right now free agency is all we got.

Being cooped up in the house all day is starting to freak me out, so checking this site 20 times a day keeps my mind on something else, LOL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol, I hear ya...…..…….with virtually every sporting event cancelled right now free agency is all we got.

Being cooped up in the house all day is starting to freak me out, so checking this site 20 times a day keeps my mind on something else, LOL.
Im lucky I still got work, cant do my job remotely. But that can get shut down any day now

Reaction score

Tell me about it

Dre11

Reaction score
I can still see some "hand shake" deals happening. Especially since we are deeper into FA. Right now, agreeing to terms only to have the player fail a physical isnt as crippling now as it would have been a week ago

POE has a season ending quad tear, I'm sure they want the medical on that before saying anything.

willia451

Reaction score
Define "really bad".
svRwUbW.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
POE has a season ending quad tear, I'm sure they want the medical on that before saying anything.
Oh In sure they sign him to anything until they have a Dr. look at him. But they still agree to terms in principle to a deal

ghst187

Reaction score
Wow I’m so elated! They better not low ball him and watch him walk away and sign elsewhere for $10 more.
A whole new DL! a position we refused to get serious about as long as Loserelli was here. I’m sad we lost Quinn but hopefully RG can still play. Woods, McCoy, and Poe....nice!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lotta “IFs”, but if we can stay healthy, and Gregory comes back at DE, a rotation of McCoy, Poe, Woods, Hill and possibly a draft pick looks like a HUGE upgrade over last year!

Doesn't McCoy play some DE too? Flex McCoy and keep the DTs coming.

Poe should be a big help for short yardage. With so much focus on upfield rush from Marinelli, it was a big upgrade just getting Woods for short yardage.

There's the Beef!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doesn't McCoy play some DE too? Flex McCoy and keep the DTs coming.

Poe should be a big help for short yardage. With so much focus on upfield rush from Marinelli, it was a big upgrade just getting Woods for short yardage.

There's the Beef!
He played DE in a 3-4. He definitely isnt playing DE in any 4 man line. A DE in a 3-4 is more DT anyways

Hadenough

Reaction score
McCoy and now Poe! Both players I wanted Dallas to target years ago. I guess this dispels the myth that if your not an NFL coach you dont know what your talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.