Twitter: Cowboys close to signing Dontari Poe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
They were interested, but Poe weighed in at 348 and it that was 48 lbs heavier than “we like” at the 1T........

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Maybe we’re confused and the “close” refers to geography? Poe walking here from North Carolina and he is getting closer...and closer...and closer.....to being signed. If so, it might go quicker than usual

fivetwos

Reaction score
I thought the Gruden/Mayock combo was a decent idea for today's NFL, and could work well.

Then this offseason came and they hijacked a convoy of garbage trucks heading out of the Dallas area.

fivetwos

Reaction score
All kidding aside, it's very possible what's going on in the world right now is part of the delay.

A fat man needs a physical.

All of us are guessing.

The Jones twins, for all their ineptitude, have signed players before. They will get one of these guys at least.

Much more to be concerned over.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know - the media just reporting whatever they want, true or not, exaggerated or not, sensationalized or not …. I don't take that as reflecting on the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the media always has it wrong, but they also have shown to not be sticklers for having facts or anything else back them up, so I take everything with a grain of salt unless it comes from the horses mouth.

It's not a bad approach to take, especially when two different reporters will say the totally opposite things in an effort to be "first"

In this case not even the media suggested the Cowboys ever talked to Harrison, or were even going to, so how can we act as if the Cowboys acted contrary to what they indicated?

I'm not accusing them of being deceitful, I'm frustrated that they're not doing enough.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He played DE in a 3-4. He definitely isnt playing DE in any 4 man line. A DE in a 3-4 is more DT anyways

True. More DT, but still a little DE. I think there has been talk of using him as a 4-3 DE for us. A bigger version of what we do with Crawford.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Poe missed five games with injury last year. Cowboys are probably sorting through some last minute medicals, and that takes a little longer now since they can't meet free agents face to face for obvious reasons.

I think Poe will be a Cowboy within 24 hours. Just guessing.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Poe would likely slot in as a starter alongside DLaw, McCoy & Crawford on the D line.

Status
Not open for further replies.