Twitter: Cowboys close to signing Dontari Poe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, this is smelling like one of those "hey we tried" BS things that get floated every offseason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, this is smelling like one of those "hey we tried" BS things that get floated every offseason.

You mean like when a few days ago we heard about "interest in Snacks Harrison? Right up to the point where the man himself stated that he had "no contact from Dallas"?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean like when a few days ago we heard about "interest in Snacks Harrison? Right up to the point where the man himself stated that he had "no contact from Dallas"?
In fairness, the Cowboys didn't indicate they had talked to him, or even that they were going to. There was merely a report (unconfirmed I think) that they weren't opposed to the idea of looking into him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In fairness, the Cowboys didn't indicate they had talked to him, or even that they were going to. There was merely a report (unconfirmed I think) that they weren't opposed to the idea of looking into him.

Sure, as far as reports go, the Cowboys themselves never "indicate" anything until it's announced. But that doesn't make things look any better.

The issue is an overall lack of activity and aggressiveness by a team that has both money and needs.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This may turn from a "we're getting close" to a "we had interest".

Speculation...this feels like the agent and team are haggling over a minor detail in contract. Cowboys holding firm on their offer with several other DT options still on the table. This could easily lead to Poe signing elsewhere and Cowboys quickly pivoting to option B.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Players are agreeing to contracts with other teams today.

If those players ended the season healthy, team may be foregoing physicals in this unique situation. Poe ended the season injured so it’s unlikely Dallas would not need a physical. It could just simply be that it’s taking a few days for him to be seen by someone approved by the Cowboys. Of course, it could also all be BS and they aren’t close to signing anyone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, as far as reports go, the Cowboys themselves never "indicate" anything until it's announced. But that doesn't make things look any better.

The issue is an overall lack of activity and aggressiveness by a team that has both money and needs.
I don't know - the media just reporting whatever they want, true or not, exaggerated or not, sensationalized or not …. I don't take that as reflecting on the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the media always has it wrong, but they also have shown to not be sticklers for having facts or anything else back them up, so I take everything with a grain of salt unless it comes from the horses mouth.

In this case not even the media suggested the Cowboys ever talked to Harrison, or were even going to, so how can we act as if the Cowboys acted contrary to what they indicated?

Sydla

Reaction score
The reality is the fact they never reached out to Harrison more than likely means they probably never really reached out to Poe and this is all just media blather.

I mean of course the Cowboys should be reaching out to either but they probably think it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.