Signed by Cowboys Cowboys close to signing Robert Prince as WR coach, replacing Adam Henry

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Meh, weird flex. Wasn't super huge on his offense when he was the OC in Boise State. Only lasted 2 seasons here (as OC). I have no idea how he is in the capacity of WR coach.

The 2011 season was kind of a down year for WR for Boise. Nobody really stood out. Moore was spreading the ball pretty efficiently as well. So, can't give him any credit for an outstanding WR season. lol

Loso86

Reaction score
Maybe he is talented but I just don’t get it. We always seem to hire ex Detroit lion or Cleveland coaches.
This guy should be good for KM. He knew his system before Moore did.

Loso86

Reaction score
STOP looking at the team he coached. He's a pretty good WR. Man who do you guys expect us to hire a bunch of Belichicks?

cowboyed

Reaction score
Not exactly the position group needing the most help, but whatever I guess. Michael Irvin is just not available to coach these guys? He has too big a role as an unofficial cheerleader?
I think what won the WR job for Prince in Moore's eyes is that he (Prince) is willing to dress up like a cheerleader and is highly skilled using pom poms.
He also can do splits and can handle being thrown 10 feet up in the air by a pissed off defense on the sidelines.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If it’s like this and they want to keep Cooper why not go get him the coach from Alabama when he was a receiving machine?

You spent the money on the player, get him working.

Gaede

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter, tbh. Was anybody shaking their fists at Adam Henry last year when our receivers couldn't get open?! To me, the only assistant that matters is QB coach. And even then, I'm not 100% who that is right now.

Only significant in that Prince is obviously a Kellan choice. Feels a little like JG trying to create a coaching tree with castoffs

quickccc

Reaction score
Maybe he is talented but I just don’t get it. We always seem to hire ex Detroit lion or Cleveland coaches.

So with Cleveland coaches, this would mean if Browns OL coach Bill Callahan were available and willing to come here, because it's " Cleveland " ..we should say 'No " ...??

:huh:

quickccc

Reaction score
So if Kellen had got the HC job with Miami, WR Coach Adam Henry would've been re-signed and still with the team ?

His coaching production became trash the 2nd half of the season with the offensive slumps and stalls ?
and Henry has now become the scapegoat for the offensive woes ?

Man, this team ..!! :banghead:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Oh god NO!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hate to say it....but this stinks of Kellen. Prince was horrible here in Boise....especially as a coordinator. And if things stay the same...where everyone has a say in the play calling..
I couldn't think of a worse coach to bring in.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
....does that mean more yards? ..lol...
No....more bubble screens. Seriously...A lot more.

When Prince was here...that's all we ran. My high school ran a more sophisticated passing scheme.

Carson

Reaction score
A Kellen Moore signing. Interesting.

Was he the HC when Moore was QB?

Hope so. I'd like to see more Boise Moore and less Garrett Moore.
He was the Wide receivers coach / passing game coordinator when Moore was there.

He was promoted to offensive coordinator the year after Moore graduated.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy doesn't want to do anything. Can you tell us all what he does except screw up game management?:laugh:Only teams we beat nearly were sorry teams. Anybody with a winning record was pretty much a loss. But you keep the lantern of hope alive. I'll just tell it as it is and was.....:laugh:Jerry so mad at the coaching the only guy contract not renewed was the wide receivers coach who was black. LMAO....he gets it and the wide receivers were the least of our problems....
Are you saying this because McCarthy doesn't hold one of the coordinator roles? If so, that's not really that rare.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Meh, weird flex. Wasn't super huge on his offense when he was the OC in Boise State. Only lasted 2 seasons here (as OC). I have no idea how he is in the capacity of WR coach.

The 2011 season was kind of a down year for WR for Boise. Nobody really stood out. Moore was spreading the ball pretty efficiently as well. So, can't give him any credit for an outstanding WR season. lol
Prince was crap. Couldn't wait for him to leave. Seriously....his offense was nothing but bubble screens....and you knew when he was going to run it. This is a horrible hire.

Carson

Reaction score
Prince was crap. Couldn't wait for him to leave. Seriously....his offense was nothing but bubble screens....and you knew when he was going to run it. This is a horrible hire.
Boom! The Scott Linehan of hires! Instead of 15 yard curls on 3rd and 2 we will be running bubble screens.

Watch out NFL!!!!