Cowboys coaching staff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Whirlwin, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:42 AM.

1. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    Help me out here people. The head coach, during the week, isn't he responsible for putting a game plan in place with the help of his coordinators. And possibly players. Different packages. With different personnel. Isn't he responsible for putting a game plan in place for the defense also.. Or does he simply let individual coaches have the freedom to do what they want. I'm trying to understand who's accountable for the offensive line penalties. Or other miscommunications. Who are the true leaders of this team.

CB61, Rayman70 and DuncanIso like this.
  2. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

4,617 Messages
    6,966 Likes Received
    This team...Jerry Jones. All other teams the HC.

Pokeness, Bullflop, The Fonz and 4 others like this.
  3. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    Yes, how could I forget about Jerry. LOL

BoysfaninVegas and Whyjerry like this.
  4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

12,159 Messages
    17,184 Likes Received
    This would be true providing you have a qualified head coach capable of doing that.....therein lies the problem.

5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,931 Messages
    57,345 Likes Received
    In my opinion, Garrett doesn't have a whole lot of involvement in what the coordinators are doing. Given his own past struggles, he's been systematically removed from that level of involvement. While he might be nurse-mailing young Kellen Moore through some of the steps of being a young coordinator, I don't think he has all that much of a voice.

And on gamedays, he's a spectator, watching the game like the rest of us, just with a closer view.

6. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    I am a supporter of Jason Garrett. This is the first season where I'm really disgusted with him. For the lack of discipline. Maybe that's why the players like him so much. I mistook that for leadership. They just don't want to be told what to do LOL

7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,104 Messages
    15,321 Likes Received
    thats the beauty of this model that Jerry and Jason have put in place, “everyone is involved” so no one is accountable

8. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

4,483 Messages
    13,816 Likes Received
    True leaders? There is really only ONE leader in this organization. He’s the guy sitting in the owners box clutching his bottle of Johnny Walker Blue who can never be questioned or replaced.

Remember the really good TV show “All or Nothing” from 2017 that focused on the Cowboys? Coaches meetings couldn’t start without Jerry and Stephen either in person or on conference call. Jerry is the biggest obstacle these coaches face every year. He smothers this team.

Otto65, D_Boyz, kskboys and 5 others like this.
  9. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    The kind of looks like game day field management and that's it. And that's not a head coach in my opinion. I kind of agree

stasheroo likes this.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,104 Messages
    15,321 Likes Received
    well, since you’ve spent 9 years asleep so you must be well rested

noshame likes this.
  11. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    I think you just might have said it best. Where they are afraid to hurt people's feelings. Has Jerry got something going on his head . After Jimmy Johnson. You never know

12. boxer-rumble

boxer-rumble Well-Known Member

1,937 Messages
    3,608 Likes Received
    He talks to literally no one during the game. I mean, every time they show him on TV he’s just watching like the rest of us.

13. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    Stop it LOL I supported Jason because the team supported him. And that's not necessarily a good thing.

visionary likes this.
  14. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    I really didn't want this to become a bashing of Jason. I'm trying to understand where the discipline where the leadership is I'm just not seeing it. And I'm being told I'm wrong. And that's a possibility.

15. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    Yeah is that because like I said. All the other coaches have that much responsibility where's the accountability.

16. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    You just describe someone who should be fired. And I have to agree

EJK24 and stasheroo like this.
  17. Bobhaze

4,483 Messages
    13,816 Likes Received
    Garrett doesn’t have much real power anyway. He serves a purpose for Jerry but Jerry will never again let his HC be seen as the reason his team wins anything of consequence.

Whirlwin likes this.
  18. Whirlwin

6,767 Messages
    3,944 Likes Received
    I don't want to believe that. Because if that's the case we're never going to win again. And the sad thing is it just might be true

Bobhaze likes this.
  19. boxer-rumble

boxer-rumble Well-Known Member

1,937 Messages
    3,608 Likes Received
    To give JG the benefit, he’s probably neutered by JJ. What the old man wants, he’ll get. Not sure it’d be much of a difference if JG has all the control but we all know he’s just JJ’s puppet.

I hold JJ and Jr. accountable foremost then JG a close second.

JG sure as heck should be coming up with Plan B’s if their main game plan is not working but seeing adjustments in game when things are going bad is rare with this staff.

DuncanIso, Whirlwin and Bobhaze like this.
  20. Bobhaze

4,483 Messages
    13,816 Likes Received
    If we ever do win another championship, it will be in spite of the 76 year old insecure billionaire who purchased a permanent GM position “til death do us part.”