Cowboys | Colombo fined $12,500

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:10:52 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears OT Marc Colombo has been fined $12,500 by the NFL for a leg whip on Chicago Bears DT Tommie Harris Week 3. Colombo was not penalized on the play, but the league believed he was guilty of unnecessary roughness.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
$12.500? ! Hmmm....they must have caught that when they went back to look at the crap game the officials were responsible for. Neat. Thanks NFL...I'm sure Colombo thanks you as well.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
I didn't see the play, but I'm still very suspicious of the ruling. Seriously, the refs NEVER miss 10/10 personal fouls.

For example, take the Bruce Wilfork hit on Losman-Wilfork was PUSHED INTO Losman, which is why his arms got tangled up with his knees.

To me, it looks like the NFL is doing all they can to prevent injuries-just fine ANYBODY, if an injury happens.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Anyone else suprised that the NFL can read the minds of the players now and percieve intent?
The fining system has become a joke.
If I am player I make sure in the next bargaining contract with the owners that the fining system has more consistency than this.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon;1676256 said:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:10:52 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears OT Marc Colombo has been fined $12,500 by the NFL for a leg whip on Chicago Bears DT Tommie Harris Week 3. Colombo was not penalized on the play, but the league believed he was guilty of unnecessary roughness.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This was inevitable due to the injury. If there wasn't an injury then there wouldn't have been a fine.

J-DOG

Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1676298 said:
Ware tripped Grossman. Why hasn't he been fined?
Shhhhhhh!
Maybe they haven't seen that because they are trying to understand what the feeble-minded ref was doing winding the clock on a 4th down sack?

2much2soon

Reaction score

thats the first thing I thought of when I read this thread...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

Ware's legs would've been nowhere near Grossman if he hadn't been held and pulled to the ground. It wasn't a trip.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

That was a very intricate karate move that becomes involunatry once you achieve inner-galactic oneness as has Ware.............:D

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
i heard they are going to fine the Cowboys for forcing the bears to bench Grossman.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tomson75;1676330 said:
Ware's legs would've been nowhere near Grossman if he hadn't been held and pulled to the ground. It wasn't a trip.

I think it was. I think it was obvious too. But they held on the play and the refs blew the call by running the clock so they owed us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon;1676256 said:
Colombo was not penalized on the play, but the league believed he was guilty of unnecessary roughness.
So we get unnecessary penalities called against us and now we get fined on plays where there wasn't even a flag thrown?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1676381 said:
So we get unnecessary penalities called against us and now we get fined on plays where there wasn't even a flag thrown?

In all fairness, I saw the play in question. On here IIRC, and there's no doubt about it Colombo leg whipped him. I rewound it and watched it a few times over and there was no doubt about it after the 3rd or 4th time watching. It was deliberate, no doubt about it. Hate to think that one of our guys did that but watching over and over again, it's undeniable. FWIW.

SS

:star:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
tomson75;1676330 said:

Ware definitely tripped him, there's no question about it. But since when can't you trip a player? It's not like he got him from behind, Grossman basically tripped trying to scramble over his legs.

I just find it amazing that now we've been fined $24,000 from that game, and of course, Goodell or the league has no comment on the horrendous calls made by the refs. In fact, I was watching inside the NFL, and Colinsworth actually called the head office to get clarification on why the ref had wound the clock and whether it was reviewable, and all the head guy said is that it's 100% not reviewable, they didn't even admit the mistakes. Idiots.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Seven;1676332 said:
That was a very intricate karate move that becomes involunatry once you achieve inner-galactic oneness as has Ware.............:D
Underrated post.