Cowboys confident in new safety George IIoka

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember he's trying to earn a long-term deal from 32 teams......

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports...george-iloka/287-0e58a735-ae3d-4327-a605-6774

91c7a322-19aa-49ba-a320-7301c67f98ae_750x422.jpg

Photo by: AP
Cincinnati Bengals free safety George Iloka (43) celebrates after an NFL football game against the Denver Broncos, Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, in Denver. The Bengals won 20-17. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
COWBOYS
Cowboys confident in new safety George Iloka
One of the positions the Cowboys have most been linked to for the NFL Draft is safety but even if they go that route, they still like freshly signed George Iloka

Author: Mark Lane
Published: 2:03 PM CDT April 24, 2019
Updated: 2:03 PM CDT April 24, 2019

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen a lot of Iloka games with the Bengals. Always liked him. As this is one of the main reasons I think they are waiting on drafting a S. In which I still do think they need to draft one today in the 4th round.
But I am fine with Iloka back there.

Carson

Reaction score
Once again, people tend to try to act like they know than whats going on in the building.

We all know Heath is terrible and Iloka is just average. But we have to respect Richard's choice and know he knows what he's doing. There is a reason he is there and we are on our computers.

I still would loveeeee Amani Hooker and believe he's a day one starter or takes over for Iloka eventually.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Once again, people tend to try to act like they know than whats going on in the building.

We all know Heath is terrible and Iloka is just average. But we have to respect Richard's choice and know he knows what he's doing. There is a reason he is there and we are on our computers.

I still would loveeeee Amani Hooker and believe he's a day one starter or takes over for Iloka eventually.
23 years, Since the team has won anything of significance. I wish ppl would stop giving these coaches and FO credit when they've accomplished just as much as the rest of us lol.

Gaede

Reaction score

We don't have to respect these coaches. These are the same guys that went into the season with ALLEN HURNS and Cole Beaseley as starters

Carson

Reaction score
We don't have to respect these coaches. These are the same guys that went into the season with ALLEN HURNS and Cole Beaseley as starters

I hate it just as much of as the next guy. But what else can we do but complain, complain and pray we win on Sundays

blueblood70

Reaction score
I seen a lot of Iloka games with the Bengals. Always liked him. As this is one of the main reasons I think they are waiting on drafting a S. In which I still do think they need to draft one today in the 4th round.
But I am fine with Iloka back there.
that and Woods, Frazier, Heath and some PS guys to come can hold down the fort..i imagine next year will be top safety priority when we have first round pick..I also see a situation like last season where the Safetys are just not getting it done and creating some losses and we make an in season trade like Cooper..there will be players cut and traded post draft now that teams get their guys and have surplus..

Jipper

Reaction score

Saying Heath is terrible shows that you need to reread your first sentence and take some of your own advice....

Ken

Reaction score
Andrew Sendejo was the Vikings starter at SS last year. Iloka was his backup.

Eagles signed Sendejo to be our 3rd or 4th safety. And Iloka will be your starter? There’s a reason he was still there 2 weeks into free agency.
Ya...and we crushed you twice last year and your secondary is a **** show with Sendejo or not. lol

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ya...and we crushed you twice last year and your secondary is a **** show with Sendejo or not. lol

All the more reason you should be down on Iloka. If Sendejo can’t even start for us, it’s more likely Iloka doesn’t even make it out of training camp than he beats out Heath. Not drafting Thornhill was a statement Heath is the answer now, and likely into the future.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they are confident in their belief and devaluation of the safety position. They are happy with heath but willing to upgrade at the right price be it cheap free agent or late pick.

Gaede

Reaction score
I think they are confident in their belief and devaluation of the safety position. They are happy with heath but willing to upgrade at the right price be it cheap free agent or late pick.

Do not be fooled. They were absolutely looking to upgrade the Safety position. Now that they didn't, and likely won't, they are in PR spin mode

morasp

Reaction score
Iloka has a lot of NFL starts under his belt and is a sure tackler. He will be the box safety and Woods will play high.