Cowboys confident in new safety George IIoka

Knotamus

Reaction score
It’s amusing and rather embarrassing to see so many here crying ab the Cowboys first two picks. I understand if they didn’t pick your favorite players, but the FO did pick two very solid players and future starters. And that’s saying a lot when we didn’t have a 1st round pick.

The fact is.. Dallas has been one of the best drafting teams in the NFL in recent years. They have earned my trust that they will draft, not just for need, but for actual productive NFL players.

I remember distinctly people upset about LVE, Travis Fredrick, trading up for Demarcus Lawrence, JSmith, Byron Jones, and some even wanted Manziel over Zack Martin?!

This FO also pick Dak Prescott(has been a steal whether folks want to admit it or not), Xavier Woods, Anthony Brown, Awuzie, etc, etc..

So all the “Sugar coating” talk just sounds like it’s coming from some very “Salty” fans. Just remember, I believe we all want the same thing when this draft is over... we want starters, not busts.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Here comes the sugar coating

Oh yeah. I don't think Iloka SUCKS cuz he really doesn't. Just guys overreacting and being drama queens. He's solid but really just a JAG overall. No nose for the ball really. No INT's last year.

But as others have pointed out, he's a place holder I guess. For whom? No idea.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Once again, people tend to try to act like they know than whats going on in the building.

We all know Heath is terrible and Iloka is just average. But we have to respect Richard's choice and know he knows what he's doing. There is a reason he is there and we are on our computers.

I still would loveeeee Amani Hooker and believe he's a day one starter or takes over for Iloka eventually.

Pretty sure those guys at the star have owned computers.

MaaS

Reaction score
Once again, people tend to try to act like they know than whats going on in the building.

We all know Heath is terrible and Iloka is just average. But we have to respect Richard's choice and know he knows what he's doing. There is a reason he is there and we are on our computers.

I still would loveeeee Amani Hooker and believe he's a day one starter or takes over for Iloka eventually.

Agreed.

Even if IIoka ends up being average (which would be an upgrade at SS) our depth is concerning. If we lost Woods it'd be a dumpster fire back there. Hopefully we get Deionte Thompson.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone surprised after they fail to land a safety Friday night an article from local media pimping their FA safety acquisition magically pops up?

Yeah me neither.

They brought in 6 safeties for official visits (most of any position), clearly showing a desire to try to upgrade the position........

And they got zero of them.