Cowboys contacted a coach in the past 48 hours

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
lol what? He is LITERALLY being intentionally vague. You can argue the reasons for it, but it's exactly what he's doing. And again not talking about the sources, talking about the (lack of) content. Dropping a story that doesn't have any details is foolish. It's not how journalism works, it's how hacks work.
The sources and information go hand and hand. It's pretty simple stuff. It happens all the time.
Sometimes a journalists CAN'T release too much information, specific details, etc...

I know it's difficult to swallow, but this isn't anything out of the ordinary. Feel free to wear the tinfoil hat, but in my opinion this is much to do about nothing. I highly doubt he pulled nothing out of the sky and is making it up. This is just my opinion.

Proof

Reaction score
The sources and information go hand and hand. It's pretty simple stuff. It happens all the time.
Sometimes a journalists CAN'T release too much information, specific details, etc...

I know it's difficult to swallow, but this isn't anything out of the ordinary. Feel free to wear the tinfoil hat, but in my opinion this is much to do about nothing. I highly doubt he pulled nothing out of the sky and is making it up. This is just my opinion.

lol... that you Ed?

There's nothing difficult to swallow and I didn't claim any conspiracy or anything made up. If a journalist CAN'T release too much information or specifics then don't, and definitely don't start off with "I'm not at liberty to say" That's just self-indulgent look at me nonsense. .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
lol... that you Ed?

There's nothing difficult to swallow and I didn't claim any conspiracy or anything made up. If a journalist CAN'T release too much information or specifics then don't, and definitely don't start off with "I'm not at liberty to say" That's just self-indulgent look at me nonsense. .
You aren't getting the point here. It's easy for you to say because you're not a journalist. But if you were, then you might understand the significance of releasing ANY info you can in order to break the story. Happens all the time. And he's not even the only one. You're not owed or entitled anything more.

Is it THAT unbelievable that the staff were attempting to communicate? No.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

100% agree.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol... that you Ed?

You're completely off base here. I'm in journalism school currently and hes absolutely right, sometimes we are not at liberty to divulge a source. Our source might request not to be named so we have to be very careful not to drop TOO much information so we dont possibly burn that bridge in the future. Readers dont understand that sometimes.

Proof

Reaction score
You aren't getting the point here. It's easy for you to say because you're not a journalist. But if you were, then you might understand the significance of releasing ANY info you can in order to break the story. Happens all the time. And he's not even the only one. You're not owed or entitled anything more.

Is it THAT unbelievable that the staff were attempting to communicate? No.

I'm getting the point, I just don't agree. When you 'break' a story, you're the first to report currently unfolding events as details com in. In that case it's understandable to release incomplete and/or speculative information to get in front of a story, especially when the goal is to substantiate it as you're able. That's not the case here. And get outta here with the entitlement angle lol. That's corny and lazy and a cop out. I don't feel entitled to or owed anything. You've got some weird complex where having an opinion other than yours means a whole lot of other things like not understanding, having conspiracy thoughts, feeling entitled. Pretty weird dude.

Proof

Reaction score
You're completely off base here. I'm in journalism school currently and hes absolutely right, sometimes we are not at liberty to divulge a source. Our source might request not to be named so we have to be very careful not to drop TOO much information so we dont possibly burn that bridge in the future. Readers dont understand that sometimes.

Well I stayed at a holiday inn last night, and you're both absolutely wrong. I ... DID.... NOT.... SAY ... ANYTHING... ABOUT... THE... SOURCE.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well I stayed at a holiday inn last night, and you're both absolutely wrong. I ... DID.... NOT.... SAY ... ANYTHING... ABOUT... THE... SOURCE.

Well you also dont have the right to say we shouldnt release our article if we can't release too much information or specifics.

Proof

Reaction score
Well you also dont have the right to say we shouldnt release our article if we can't release too much information or specifics.

We’re not talking about articles. It’s a tweet, man.

You’re dying on the wrong hill

Sydla

Reaction score
We’re not talking about articles. It’s a tweet, man.

You’re dying on the wrong hill

Actually if anyone is dying on the wrong hill here it would be you. I am fascinated as to why you are so bothered by the Werder tweet to begin with.

Proof

Reaction score
Actually if anyone is dying on the wrong hill here it would be you. I am fascinated as to why you are so bothered by the Werder tweet to begin with.

The tweet is whatever. That style of reporting is a pet peeve of mine as it amounts to I know a secret but can’t tell you. The argument is more based on the defense and insistence about sources that wasn’t the issue

Flamma

Reaction score
Cowher is not new and innovative. He would try to turn Zeke into Bettis. While accidentally spitting in the faces of anyone within 10 feet when he talks.

:lmao2:

Yeah, well, that is incentive to not have him yell at you and play better. I'm not saying he's the second coming since Landry. But I'll take him over Garrett and probably half the coaches currently in this league.

fansince68

Reaction score
Yeah, well, that is incentive to not have him yell at you and play better. I'm not saying he's the second coming since Landry. But I'll take him over Garrett and probably half the coaches currently in this league.
I totally agree. I love and believe in discipline.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So Linehan is let go today and we think it’s a stretch what Werder was reporting was true?

These decisions aren’t made overnight. Given Linehan was let go it’s clear the Cowboys contacted some coordinators.

basilhayden

Reaction score

That's because what they are teaching you in school is sensationalism, NOT journalism.
Journalism is dead any longer, don't try to act like it isn't...