Cowboys Could Coach The Senior Bowl

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys could coach a Senior Bowl team for first time in 50 years; why that's a big plus

By Brandon George , Staff Writer Contact Brandon George on Twitter: @DMN_George
IRVING - The Dallas Cowboys could soon receive a consolation prize for their woeful season that could help them maximize their top 10 pick in April's draft.

Because they're tied with San Francisco for the worst record in the NFC at 4-11, the Cowboys are in line to be selected by the NFL to coach one of the Senior Bowl teams in late January in Mobile, Ala.

This would be a rare opportunity for the Cowboys.

The Cowboys haven't coached a Senior Bowl team in 50 years. The last time the Cowboys coached at the Senior Bowl was 1965, when Tom Landry led the South to a 7-7 tie vs. George Wilson of the Lions. Landry coached at the Senior Bowl from 1962 to 1965, but those are the only four years the Cowboys have coached.

"It's certainly a good opportunity to get to know the players," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett recently said when asked if he would want the opportunity to coach one of the teams, "and we'll evaluate that as it gets closer."

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...senior-bowl-team-first-time-50-years-big-plus

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Would give them a first-hand look at some of the prospects, including the following QB's:

1. Dak Prescott
2. Cody Kessler
3. Carson Wentz
4. Jacoby Brissette
5. Kevin Hogan
6. Jeff Driskel

I personally am not interested in any of those QB's besides Wentz, but I know Dallas will be. I also thought Brandon Allen from Arkansas deserved an invite. He was the best QB in the SEC this year.

Last edited:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This would be a great thing for us to get a good, free look at the QB prospects.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A lot of people here might get their wish. I can see Garrett and staff overvaluing their exposure to Wentz.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Since SF won and we lost...................we now have worst record in the NFC...............so is this a done deal or is there a selection process?