Twitter: Cowboys could move Collins back to guard

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Please. Let's focus on facts. Some media guy speculates and people here take it as fact.
Yes, for now it is speculative.

But the interest in Kolton Miller is affirmed. 2+2=5.

John813

Reaction score
Way I see it is get the 5 best guys out there.

If Fleming comes here for a "honest" deal or whatever they feel comfortable paying him then moving Collins back. We know Collins can play guard and he is a good pulling G too

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

IMO I believe Collins is a better guard than tackle. I just hate moving our players back and forth from positions.

True. My hope is that Alexander has had a chance to review the tape from past years and make a solid decision on who is best fit at LG. Cooper (if he comes back) or Collins. We screwed around with Green last year... Guard.... no tackle. And we screw around with Irving... DT... no DE. I mean position flex is good but coach em up to their strengths instead of trying to coach them to be everything. This is what would look best on paper, La'ell back to LG and a FA as back up or re-sign Cooper. The reason that looks good is there is one less need in the draft and as many fans have said we aren't going to fill them all in the draft this year. So, if this kid from NE can play RT and play well guess what, we have our starting tackle and LG on the team heading in to the draft. It's a good strategy if.... Still a few too many if's

jujoboys

Reaction score
Let the guy focus on one position.
And the position he should be focusing on is LG. We should have never moved him. He was a beast at LG but was bad to mediocre at RT. By moving him last year our OLine coach created 2 holes on the OLine (RT and LG). Then you throw Tyron getting hurt into the mix and the only two spots on the OLine that were consistent were C and RG.