Twitter: Cowboys create cap room with Zeke's contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at the fact that is 2022 the combination of Dak, Zeke, and Cooper account for a total cap hit of $73.4M (dead money of $108.88M).......that is one hell of a cap hit for 3 players.

And they are trying to sell the fact that these 3 players are going to take us to the Superbowl.
Now that is Jerry humor at its finest!!!:(

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And they are trying to sell the fact that these 3 players are going to take us to the Superbowl.
Now that is Jerry humor at its finest!!!:(
They have a good as a shot as anybody else if we have a supporting cast

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott is about the last guy I'd ever defend, but strange how no one freaked when the team did the same exact thing with walking MASH unit Collins a few months ago.

Reactions: BAT

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL.......3 letters .....C.....A......P
We have never had a cab issue since the beginning of the cap. fan seems to think there’s an issue. The franchise always finds a way around it. Too many mathematicians on the payroll. Stop worrying about it it’s a non-issue

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Its insulting to anyone who actually is a Cowboy or football fan.

Why? Because someone has a different opinion about a player.
‘Actual Cowboy or football fan?’ - Be hilarious to hear your definition of this. I could use a good laugh at your expense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why? Because someone has a different opinion about a player.
‘Actual Cowboy or football fan?’ - Be hilarious to hear your definition of this. I could use a good laugh at your expense.
No, not because they have a different opinion. Have all the opinions you want it doesn't make it any more silly. Its just a silly opinion. Pollard hasn't even gotten enough playing time to even say he's better than Zeke lol. The opinion is derived from Pollard having a few big runs on his resume.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They probably have and know that doing it again may keep him here longer than they would like.

I dunno here....I can't stand Jerry beyond belief, and Elliott and his antics are right behind him.

I take shots whenever possible, but I don't see this as a move they shouldn't have made.

6.8 now is better than 5.1 spread over two years two years down the road.

If it all kept Elliott here a minute longer than otherwise, then I'm against it....but I don't think that's the case.

I’m seeing things the same way that you are.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No, not because they have a different opinion. Have all the opinions you want it doesn't make it any more silly. Its just a silly opinion. Pollard hasn't even gotten enough playing time to even say he's better than Zeke lol. The opinion is derived from Pollard having a few big runs on his resume.

Whatever you say. I guess we don’t get your definition of an ‘actual Cowboy or football fan.’ Too bad. I needed a good laugh.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks like Zeke gonna be eligible for SS by the time he is off the cowboys payroll.

Does it materially change anything with Zeke?

Zeke's salary next year was already guaranteed, and unlike Jaylon, he's still worth having on the field. He wasn't going anywhere.

I think the story is more about why they're clearing cap space for this year than Zeke. Why?

Making cap room to drop Jaylon?

Jarntt

Reaction score
It doesn’t change the ability to get out in any significant way
Really? You don't think $12M in dead money significantly change the thought process on keeping a guy an additional year or not? Sounds like the decision has already been made with this restructure