Recommended Cowboys cuts and Roster Moves - Ratliff to PUP, Cook, Crawford to IR

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Per tim mcmahon

LB Deon Lacey
QB Nick Stephens
OG Dennis Godfrey

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon25m
The Turk is making the rounds in the Valley Ranch locker room. QB Nick Stephens, OG Dennis Godfrey, LB Deon Lacey got visits so far.

Admin Edit
WR Jared Green
WR Eric Rogers
K Brett Maher
TE C Cochart
CB Brandon Underwood
Anthony Amos

Last edited by a moderator:

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
surprised Stephens was included in this one...i figured he would be playing a lot on Thursday. guess that means Tanney is playing the whole game? if that's the case you gotta believe they are seriously considering keeping him on the 53 or hoping someone will see enough to want him bad enough to trade for him rather than leaving it up to waivers?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
or they could be trying to sneak Stephens thur this early so he can go on the PS and our right cut Tanney.. I hope not, I like Tanney a lot and would keep him on my roster but it is a possibility.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
surprised Stephens was included in this one...i figured he would be playing a lot on Thursday. guess that means Tanney is playing the whole game? if that's the case you gotta believe they are seriously considering keeping him on the 53 or hoping someone will see enough to want him bad enough to trade for him rather than leaving it up to waivers?
I think you are probably right.

But I also think that Tanney has Matt Moore written all over him. Dont see him making it to the PS, especially if he plays well in the last game.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'd rather keep Tanney than Stephens. He showed a lot this last game.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

Not surprising at all. The fact that Tanney played the entire second half last week and Stephens didn't play at all tells me the writing was on the wall a long time ago. Tanney beat out Stephens, it's as simple as that. Yes, I think Tanney's performance this week might be the deciding factor in whether to keep him on the active roster or send him to the PS. Either way, he's definitely not getting released.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i know he's a longshot, but i hope we can find a way to keep cameron lawrence on the team or put him on the PS.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Not surprising at all. The fact that Tanney played the entire second half last week and Stephens didn't play at all tells me the writing was on the wall a long time ago. Tanney beat out Stephens, it's as simple as that. Yes, I think Tanney's performance this week might be the deciding factor in whether to keep him on the active roster or send him to the PS. Either way, he's definitely not getting released.

To go on the PS, he has to be released first and he becomes a FA, free to sign with any team or maybe he goes thru the waiver process and can be claimed by a team, not sure on which is which, but he does not automatically go to the PS. If we don't put him on the 53, we risk him just like we did with Moore a few years back, we gambled and we lost.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
i know he's a longshot, but i hope we can find a way to keep cameron lawrence on the team or put him on the PS.

I think the team is thinking the same thing. Most likely PS I would think.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
To go on the PS, he has to be released first and he becomes a FA, free to sign with any team or maybe he goes thru the waiver process and can be claimed by a team, not sure on which is which, but he does not automatically go to the PS. If we don't put him on the 53, we risk him just like we did with Moore a few years back, we gambled and we lost.

Semantics. If you want to say he has been released first and then put on the practice squad, it really makes no difference. Because PS players are free agents, just as released players are, except with a couple of small caveats. The point I'm making here is that he will not be outright released, if no other team wants him, he will be on our PS. I think his performance this week will dictate whether the team wants to take the chance of leaving him exposed to other teams. Play so-so, and I think they take the chance of putting him on the PS, he plays really well, I think they keep him on the 53.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score

I've had a sneaking suspicion that they are trying to sneak Stephens onto the practice squad.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I like Tanney. I see something there that you could develop. I don’t think he would it to the PS.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Same here. Dude was all over the place. With some experience he could be a football player, IMO.