Recommended Cowboys cuts and Roster Moves - Ratliff to PUP, Cook, Crawford to IR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How did Eric Rogers go from having a better camp then Terrance Williams to being cut? I atleast thought he'd make PS. Not so much now but earlier in the training camp when he was getting rave reviews.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not surprising at all. The fact that Tanney played the entire second half last week and Stephens didn't play at all tells me the writing was on the wall a long time ago. Tanney beat out Stephens, it's as simple as that. Yes, I think Tanney's performance this week might be the deciding factor in whether to keep him on the active roster or send him to the PS. Either way, he's definitely not getting released.

I don't think the Stephens cut is surprising. I just think the timing. I Think everyone thought he and Tanney would play in the last preseason game.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
How did Eric Rogers go from having a better camp then Terrance Williams to being cut? I atleast thought he'd make PS. Not so much now but earlier in the training camp when he was getting rave reviews.

Seems like once the preseason games started they stopped going to him.

jday

Reaction score
Tanney's a keeper in my opinion. I hope he makes the team.

I'm very divided on Tanney. On one hand, he has shown us something. On the other hand, keeping 3 QB's is very difficult in today's NFL. I honestly think he is destined for the PS.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I've had a sneaking suspicion that they are trying to sneak Stephens onto the practice squad.

I agree...makes little sense that a player who didn't look all that bad in the preseason with his tools wouldn't get more game action unless there is something we don't know.

Could very well be a P.S stash manuever.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nerve racking day for bubble players

Man. My favorite strip growing up, bar none was Calvin and Hobbes.
Best strip I've ever read and I've read them all.

the greatest thing Watterson did was retire when he was done.
Preserve the greatness while it was always great.

I wish I could like every post you make because of that alone, but I won't.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Green and Rogers were both intriguing. But we're way too stacked at WR to worry about it now.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm very divided on Tanney. On one hand, he has shown us something. On the other hand, keeping 3 QB's is very difficult in today's NFL. I honestly think he is destined for the PS.

Most teams are in the same situation -- you might see a guy who could step in as a #2 claimed but Tanney isn't even close there. I expect he makes the PS no problem

Hailmary

Reaction score
Man. My favorite strip growing up, bar none was Calvin and Hobbes.
Best strip I've ever read and I've read them all.

the greatest thing Watterson did was retire when he was done.
Preserve the greatness while it was always great.

I wish I could like every post you make because of that alone, but I won't.

You might find this interesting if you didn't know about it already:

http://www.dearmrwatterson.com/DMW/dearmrwatterson.html

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Thank you. I've never seen this.

Thank you.