News: Cowboys - Dan Quinn agree in principle on DC deal

JBS

Reaction score
Until this team fields a defense that has more than 2 nfl caliber defensive starters, it doesn't matter who the D coordinator is

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry would definitely for the banana in the tailpipe.

Banana in his prop.

1024x1024.jpg

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
It’s strange that we see a different cast of characters like new coaches and players every so often, yet year after year it’s the same ol story with boneheaded calls and same penalty prone problems.
The only common denominator has been Jerry Jones.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I love all the “ he had the best players in Seattle” AND he blew a half time lead in Atlanta in a SB. How do we know he didn’t help build in the draft for Seattle and then coached them up? In Atlanta he was the HC, not DC. Just like Wade is a better DC than HC. People love to complain. I think this is a good score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
that defensive tenure is a joke. I shouldn’t be surprised though. Why WOULDN'T you hire a clown for a circus? Quinn will be the clown that BLOWS.
Yesterday you ******s were whining about hiring a coach that has worked with McCarthy before. Now you’re whining about the Cowboys hiring a coach who has never coached under McCarthy and has been to 3 Super Bowls.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
That is what is funny. Dallas defense gave up a ton of points. So he knows this roster on defense sucks. He then turns around and gives up a huge lead late. His defense sucks worse.

Quinn is responsible for turning the Falcons into a long running meme.
Shanahan didn't run the ball against the Pat's, and he also lost a super bowl lead to the Chiefs as well.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The more I've sat and thought about this hire today, the less I like it. I'm burned out on retreads and boring defensive game plans. This is a very uninspired hire that wreaks of a team that has absolutely no idea how to scout coaches. The Cowboys desperately needed a fresh, aggressive mind on defense to inspire these guys. Instead they got a coach that every team in the NFL has a full scouting report on, who won't attack, who will absolutely go into a shell with a lead.

I hate it. It's more accepting mediocrity instead of chasing greatness.

Carson

Reaction score
I love all the “ he had the best players in Seattle” AND he blew a half time lead in Atlanta in a SB. How do we know he didn’t help build in the draft for Seattle and then coached them up? In Atlanta he was the HC, not DC. Just like Wade is a better DC than HC. People love to complain. I think this is a good score

We could get Bill Belichick and people would not like it because he didn’t win a super bowl this year

Loso86

Reaction score
Sorry but I am never a glass half full guy as a Cowboys fan. Jerry has made me jaded and cynical and I will never ever trust any of his moves until one actualy comes into fruition. Jerry has made 2 good hires in his entire 3 decades here. Jimmy to start (and then fired him quickly because of his ego). Parcells in 2003. He resurrected the 5-11 junk we turned into and built something good. Until he could no longer stand Jerry and they parted ways. Plus, Jerry hired him to get his carnival stadium built. Since Parcells, he put a great DC in Wade behind the 8ball and hired the worst coach this franchise has ever seen in Garrett for a decade. ONE DECADE.

So sorry if I am not optimistic about Dallas' wheelings and dealings.
I was reading and following you until you refer to JG as the worst coach this franchise has seen. Your 1 of those fans who must have forgotten the years after Barry with Campo amd such lmao. Theres no point in continuing this convo my good friend, as your mind is already made up lol good day!

Sydla

Reaction score

Really hard to know how much he was involved in building it. He was in Seattle from 2009-2010 but some key members of that defense came after he was gone - Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Irvin............. that's not to say he can't be a good DC here or that he wasn't a good DC in Seattle, but we might be stretching a bit claiming he built those Seattle Ds.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The more I've sat and thought about this hire today, the less I like it. I'm burned out on retreads and boring defensive game plans. This is a very uninspired hire that wreaks of a team that has absolutely no idea how to scout coaches. The Cowboys desperately needed a fresh, aggressive mind on defense to inspire these guys. Instead they got a coach that every team in the NFL has a full scouting report on, who won't attack, who will absolutely go into a shell with a lead.

I hate it. It's more accepting mediocrity instead of chasing greatness.

Then who did you have in mind that is "fresh, aggressive mind on defense to inspire these guys" . DQ was not my first choice, but he has been successful as strictly DC before so we will see. Those kind of minds are usually employed.