News: Cowboys - Dan Quinn agree in principle on DC deal

texbumthelife

Reaction score
That assumes the O scores like it did in them shootouts. I thought the Rams game should show you that isn't how scoring works with this team. Most of the times the O put up big numbers it was because they were down. They rarely blew teams out scoring a ton of points even if the D had a good game holding the opposing team down. Sometimes I wonder how y'all come to y'all's conclusions on things.

So you don't think the Cowboys are capable of scoring more than 20 points a game?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
checked. And that was many moons ago. He will be like how he was recently, aka his Atlanta defense and his (in)ability to go into prevent as soon as his team scores a TD. In addition to that, why is it that as soon as he left Legion of Boom for Atlanta, his defensive rankings dropped? Cause he SUCKS. It’s likely he wasn’t the one responsible for greatness that was legion of boom.
And what else are we to base him off of?? Example, JG. He was supposedly “a great coordinator” turned even worse HC, and now that he’s coordinator again, he STINKS!! Same goes to Quinn. We know how this stuff plays out, especially for Dallas. It’s just a matter of rather you get fooled by it, and it appears you are, sadly. This time next year, you’ll agree with every post I and others like me have said. It’s only a matter of time.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You can pick apart just about anybody. I think this will prove to be a great hire. Things are looking up for 2021. Let’s see how free agency and the draft go, but Quinn is a huge upgrade over Nolan. I don’t think most would argue with that.
I would. Nolan has serious flaws as a teacher which obviously translated in getting players to execute especially with no offseason. His mind is better than Quinn IMO. Hope I’m proven wrong.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Maybe if this same horrendous division is just as bad next year. We scored more ppg on offense last year and held teams to 20 points yet didn’t sniff the playoffs.

I dont think the offense was as good then. Kellen is getting better. They added Lamb. Schultz is a real weapon. There's no reason this team shouldn't average 20+. So, in the event they hold teams to less than 20, that's a playoffs team imo.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
Ever notice how awesome coaches are when the players are great?

Millard Huggins with Ruth and Gehrig.
Red Auerbach with Russell, Cousy and Havlichek
Landry with Lilly, Jordan, Renfro, White, Martin, Harris, Waters, Dorsett, Pearson, etc.
and others
Yes, but there are also a plethora of examples of uber talented teams, with poor coaching, that are terrible. Also, a lot of teams with lesser talent, but great coaching, that excel. I choose to hope we excel.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
I would. Nolan has serious flaws as a teacher which obviously translated in getting players to execute especially with no offseason. His mind is better than Quinn IMO. Hope I’m proven wrong.
You would take Nolan to be your DC over Quinn?

HungryLion

Reaction score

I think the Bobby Belt tweet nails it.

Anybody you hire. Will have question marks. If they’re a perfect coach..... they aren’t available to hire as a DC.

Quinn from a pure resume/qualification standpoint..... there isn’t anybody who is more qualified from a pure resume and accomplishment level.

Quinn has been to 3 Super Bowls in the last 7 seasons as either a DC or HC.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You would take Nolan to be your DC over Quinn?
Give him a full normal offseason and I’d be willing to see the results. I’m a fan of his theory of multiplicity and attacking. I’ve seen what Quinn and his other Seattle DCs have become the last 5 years. They were all out of jobs.

quickccc

Reaction score
Give him a full normal offseason and I’d be willing to see the results. I’m a fan of his theory of multiplicity and attacking. I’ve seen what Quinn and his other Seattle DCs have become the last 5 years. They were all out of jobs.

because of their performances as DCs ...or because of their performances as HC's ? o_O

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I think the Bobby Belt tweet nails it.

Anybody you hire. Will have question marks. If they’re a perfect coach..... they aren’t available to hire as a DC.

Quinn from a pure resume/qualification standpoint..... there isn’t anybody who is more qualified from a pure resume and accomplishment level.

Quinn has been to 3 Super Bowls in the last 7 seasons as either a DC or HC.

Why was Quinn our best option though? I’d like to see Belt lay out the case for it.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
because of their performances as DCs ...or because of their performances as HC's ? o_O
Did Garrett get a pass from those on this board when the offense wasn’t up to par? You’re the HC. You’re in charge of everything. Quinn called plays at times while he was HC

Bradley has been a DC since getting fired as HC also and has been fired from that as well. Where’d Richard coach this year?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why was Quinn our best option though? I’d like to see Belt lay out the case for it.

Well. “Best” option will always be subjective.

I don’t think there’s anyone you can name that is without a doubt, head and shoulders a Better option. Just my opinion.

None of that means Quinn is successful with the cowboys. But I think his chances of being so are just as good as anyone else you hire.