Cowboys DC Christian Parker on CB Joey Porter Jr

I mean it’s not like our scheme is complicated.

Just run around and look lost
Parker's defense whenever the opposing QB throws the ball.

spongebob-patrick.gif
 
No team plays man to man more than 50% of the time.

Cowboys are always top 10 in % of man snaps.

They will likely mix in more man.

But the whole man coverage vs zone coverage stuff is a bit overblown.
From what I understand they will use porter as a man to man and play zone behind him
 
No team plays man to man more than 50% of the time.

Cowboys are always top 10 in % of man snaps.

They will likely mix in more man.

But the whole man coverage vs zone coverage stuff is a bit overblown.
But it's like the Cowboys show zone presnap with the intent of morphing to man, but half the back 7 forgets
 
Yawn at this point nobody cares what he has to say until he gets this D on track!!!
Yeah!

If this moron cannot establish a whole new defensive system w 5 major injuries, 5 free agents and 5 rookies by week 4… off with his head!

Light the torches, pickup your pitchforks and scream as loud as you can!

Good grief…
 
This forum has become very amusing.
Did y'all really believe this team was elite before the season started?
We have a young andd inexperienced DC.
Let's give him a chance to grow and proove himseIf and build this unit.

Let's look at our rooms on the defensive side:

DT- I thinkClark is a little overvalued honestly, but still a solid player. Let's hope Quinnen finds his fit, he's still an elite player.
Decent depth though losing Bullard hurts a bit.

Edge- Our greatest need is pass rushing. I still think EZ is a solid rotational piece. Gary looks like trash. We need help here.

LB- To me our greatest need in the off-season, and we whiffed on addressing it. But we struck gold with Barham. We could still use another good player inside here. Winters is a solid rotational pieces.

CB- Porter is a guy who can play man on one side of the field and allow the DC to scheme less real estate. I think this will help CP a lot. Bland is OK (though I wouldn't be surprised if we move on from his salary to open up space to keep porter after the season). Revel at least looks better than last season (which admittedly, isn't saying much)

S- Our biggest area of improvement in the off-season with a solid FA signing (Thompson), another smaller FA signing (Locke) and of course the marquee draft pick in Downs.

It looks markedly better than the garbage we had on the field last year. Now let's allow CP to scheme them, lead them and grow with the unit.

Our biggest need is a marquee pass rusher, and I'd still like another downhill inside backer.

I said in another thread that the NFC East is wide open this year. I, for one, am glad to see Jerry trying to improve the roster.

Would you trade next years first, and a 2028 2nd for Maxx, and sign Wagner to really go all in this year?
That would certainly address the remaining needs on defense. By doing so, I think we'd have as good a chance as anyone in the NFC.
We'd have no picks until day 3 however, in next years draft.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,012
Messages
14,656,864
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top