Cowboys DC Christian Parker on CB Joey Porter Jr

...

Would you trade next years first, and a 2028 2nd for Maxx, and sign Wagner to really go all in this year?
That would certainly address the remaining needs on defense. By doing so, I think we'd have as good a chance as anyone in the NFC.
We'd have no picks until day 3 however, in next years draft.
Perhaps you did not read the text of the Porter trade very well
 
This forum has become very amusing.
Did y'all really believe this team was elite before the season started?
We have a young andd inexperienced DC.
Let's give him a chance to grow and proove himseIf and build this unit.

Let's look at our rooms on the defensive side:

DT- I thinkClark is a little overvalued honestly, but still a solid player. Let's hope Quinnen finds his fit, he's still an elite player.
Decent depth though losing Bullard hurts a bit.

Edge- Our greatest need is pass rushing. I still think EZ is a solid rotational piece. Gary looks like trash. We need help here.

LB- To me our greatest need in the off-season, and we whiffed on addressing it. But we struck gold with Barham. We could still use another good player inside here. Winters is a solid rotational pieces.

CB- Porter is a guy who can play man on one side of the field and allow the DC to scheme less real estate. I think this will help CP a lot. Bland is OK (though I wouldn't be surprised if we move on from his salary to open up space to keep porter after the season). Revel at least looks better than last season (which admittedly, isn't saying much)

S- Our biggest area of improvement in the off-season with a solid FA signing (Thompson), another smaller FA signing (Locke) and of course the marquee draft pick in Downs.

It looks markedly better than the garbage we had on the field last year. Now let's allow CP to scheme them, lead them and grow with the unit.

Our biggest need is a marquee pass rusher, and I'd still like another downhill inside backer.

I said in another thread that the NFC East is wide open this year. I, for one, am glad to see Jerry trying to improve the roster.

Would you trade next years first, and a 2028 2nd for Maxx, and sign Wagner to really go all in this year?
That would certainly address the remaining needs on defense. By doing so, I think we'd have as good a chance as anyone in the NFC.
We'd have no picks until day 3 however, in next years draft.
Expecting an elite defense? Simply no.

Expecting a better unit than last years historically bad defense, YES.

The offseason was almost 100% defense focused. Whether it was the draft, trades, free agency, etc., the focus was transforming the pile of dog crap we fielded last year.

Through 3 games, 2 against perennial cellar dwellers, the defense has instead look very similar to last years unit.

Mobile QBs are killing us, RBs on average aren't getting hit until 2 or 3 after the LOS, and the pass defense has been getting exposed.

Sunday will be interesting. Houston has been terrible on offense, while we have been awful on defense.

If the defense struggles mightily Sunday, I don't see much hope for the them this season.
 
:lmao:
Typical meltdowns on a coach saying something positive.

I will wait and see.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JPM

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,023
Messages
14,658,057
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top