News: Cowboys Draft 2016: Why Trading Back Is The Best Option

CCBoy

Reaction score
I understand everyone has different needs, but the positions teams trade up for like QB and pass rusher are also our needs. If there is a QB or pass rusher worth trading up for maybe we should pick him. The only trade down options I really see is tunsil if he fell or maybe Goff
Now tunsil would give us a good chance to trade down and maybe we don't see Goff as a QB option, but other than those two I just don't see who people would be trading up for. Maybe I'm wrong so we shall see soon

Sometimes, a team will focus upon a single positional selection that they are deeply needing. Dallas has a list of needs to elevate it's own defense and parts of it's offense, to the very top shelves on both sides of the ball.

Someone is going to want the top cornerback not Ramsey. Someone is going to want one of the three quarterbacks available. I'm not going to worry about Tunsil, he will fall before the Dallas pick, most likely. This is still the pre draft period, and discussions of possibilities is what this period is about.

I also see receiver, and other offensive tackles as being a prominent target for a rather large group of teams.

Then there is Elliott, that more than a couple teams will be salivating for the opportunity to claim. Dorsett was once a target for a game Dallas Cowboys team under Tom Landry. Oh, there are targets and people wanting to jump up. Price is what is cherished, depending on how a team approaches draft values. Some teams still will pay a king's ransom, and some won't. I'm not looking for New England to be jumping onto the phone when Dallas is up. But some may...

conner01

Reaction score
Sometimes, a team will focus upon a single positional selection that they are deeply needing. Dallas has a list of needs to elevate it's own defense and parts of it's offense, to the very top shelves on both sides of the ball.

Someone is going to want the top cornerback not Ramsey. Someone is going to want one of the three quarterbacks available. I'm not going to worry about Tunsil, he will fall before the Dallas pick, most likely. This is still the pre draft period, and discussions of possibilities is what this period is about.

I also see receiver, and other offensive tackles as being a prominent target for a rather large group of teams.

Then there is Elliott, that more than a couple teams will be salivating for the opportunity to claim. Dorsett was once a target for a game Dallas Cowboys team under Tom Landry. Oh, there are targets and people wanting to jump up. Price is what is cherished, depending on how a team approaches draft values. Some teams still will pay a king's ransom, and some won't. I'm not looking for New England to be jumping onto the phone when Dallas is up. But some may...

Teams will trade up and down in the draft. I was talking more about the 4th pick in particular. I only see a couple players a team would trade to 4 for.