Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY ONE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiletto

Reaction score

doesn’t sound like things you’d hear about a 1st round pick

It was a need boom or bust pick and everyone knows it. I don't mind the player but where they took him is just stupid. Probably could've gotten him or someone comparable at 56. Should have taken the top 10 prospect and never looked back.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Smith is our starting guard day 1 and will be moved outside in the future. Ball had to redshirt cause he lacked the strength, Smith might be the strongest lineman we have now

That may be true (wouldn't be hard to be the strongest on this line) but couldn't you get a G later that would be sufficient. Why not take a player that is ready to come in & be productive at the position you drafted him for? Just seemed like there was talent there that could help you without the obvious risks. Again, I'm not saying he won't turn out good ... just that it seems like the same ole reach we have seen from this group before.

I thought Ball had injury that made it easy decision to IR him.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Neither I nor anyone else on here know if Smith will be an HOFer or a bust. I do know that two of the greatest offensive linemen to ever wear the star came from very small schools and I bet 99% of fans had never heard of them before they became Cowboys. How about we wait and see how the guy pans out before declaring it a wasted pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.