Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY ONE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Drafts aren't judged on the night of the draft lol. If it was y'all would've gave them a failing grade for Parsons.
Parsons was an A+ pick. He was my BPA in that entire draft. And there weren't many people who disliked that pick.

This guy is a mediocre OL in this league. He played at freaking Tulsa, and led the nation in holding penalties. They needed OL, so they reached and took the next available on their board. They just drafted Taco the Tackle.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Parsons was an A+ pick. He was my BPA in that entire draft. And there weren't many people who disliked that pick.

This guy is a mediocre OL in this league. He played at freaking Tulsa, and led the nation in holding penalties. They needed OL, so they reached and took the next available on their board. They just drafted Taco the Tackle.
Naw I was on this site last year when people said a linebacker was too early to take. When the corners were taken off the board then people became ok with Parsons but he got chewed up on this site prior to the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
Naw I was on this site last year when people said a linebacker was too early to take. When the corners were taken off the board then people became ok with Parsons but he got chewed up on this site prior to the draft.
I can't remember a pick that was generally liked by the fans. Hell they complained they wanted Merriman over Ware, Manziel over Martin etc. Every single year lol

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I can't remember a pick that was generally liked by the fans. Hell they complained they wanted Merriman over Ware, Manziel over Martin etc. Every single year lol
Right up to the moment it seemed like everyone wanted jermaine Johnson or a trade down.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He seems good, the planet only produces only so many big mobile strong people.

Having said that our resource allocation is just always a mess. You trade a 1st for a wr then extend him then trade him for peanuts bc you couldn’t afford to extend him in the first place.
You got park Collins who somehow fell off a cliff and no one wanted but could’ve played at some spots on the line if you could’ve kept his head on Straight and just draft his replacement with another premium pick.

Even if this guy works out you’re gonna have to use another premium pick on a guard again Bc tyler is projected tackle.

They just don’t make anything easy on themselves I guess. They never have dependable depth ready to slide in, they gotta beg guys to get up to speed or else that guy will be scape goated and not the front office.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
How does he fix the run game? First and 20 sucks as much as 2nd and 9.
Kenyon Green also had penalty concerns, but yet people wanted to take him? Both players need technical work, once they develop, those penalty concerns will disappear. He had a 1st yr OL coach who never coached lineman in the past.

Bunston10

Reaction score
Would have been happy with this pick if Dean, Johnson and the other LB were not available.
Anyway, he is a Cowboy now so he has my support.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep reading. That's what Jerry is saying...

Got it.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Smith will start as a "left-sided player," with the hope that he can potentially start at left guard as a rookie and one day be Tyron Smith's successor at left tackle with Terence Steele taking over at right tackle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like Smith but I can’t see him starting, he needs time to develop. The Cowboys will bring in Flowers as stop gate until he is ready.
LG i can see it Smiths skills at pass blocking might need fine tuning but hes mauler in the run game right now..that plus for us..but lets stop forgetting Ball and Farinok, theres going to be competition this offseason and possible shuffling of the loine..nothing set drafts not over, FAs is not over, and the roister is developing..

we do have OTAS, MCs, TCs, and PS games to sort this out..
the pats just took a OL from small school no ones really heard of should BB be run out of NE?? fans nowadays jyst think they know things our own scouts and FO dont,,this isnt a reach IMO will he work out i dont know but we had needs all over the team and them choosing this kid means he was at the top of their list..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
LG i can see it Smiths skills at pass blocking might need fine tuning but hes mauler in the run game right now..that plus for us..but lets stop forgetting Ball and Farinok, theres going to be competition this offseason and possible shuffling of the loine..nothing set drafts not over, FAs is not over, and the roister is developing..

we do have OTAS, MCs, TCs, and PS games to sort this out..
the pats just took a OL from small school no ones really heard of should BB be run out of NE?? fans nowadays jyst think they know things our own scouts and FO dont,,this isnt a reach IMO will he work out i dont know but we had needs all over the team and them choosing this kid means he was at the top of their list..
He will start. He is mean and nasty. He excels vs the run. That is what I am hearing the Cowboys needed all offseason.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe this t Smith becomes everything they hope but with some of the guys still available he feels like a small reach. I haven't seen it but maybe y'all have but has any cowboys front office or coach said that Tyler Smith will be moved to guard or is that just what y'all are guessing? No matter how much sense we all think it makes these coaches don't normally do things that way. Untill a coyboys coach or owner says he will compete at guard I'm going to assume he is a backup tackle.

I thought linderbaum would have been a better pick. Maybe they didn't see him as a scheme fit?

Loyd would have been a beast next to Micah. Oh no a fearsome LB duo that allows Micah to rush more.

Jermain would have been an instant randy replacement so that would make too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.