Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY ONE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I mean I do not think he is average but he is certainly not top 10 and arguably not top 15.

Lets ee... Tyreke Hill
Cooper Cupp
Devante Adams

who are the 2 WRs better them him? Diggs? Ok, now who?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wasn't sure I wanted Penning, but man, the OL have just been thinned. If we want to go that direction, we probably have to go with Tyler Smith. Top two needs for our team IMO were IOL and WR and those two positions have just been mined.

J817

Reaction score
Tyler Smith

Pro Comparison: Kelechi Osemele

Strengths:

Big, wide, ultra-physical blocker looking for a bar fight on every snap, and has the length, mass, quicks, and power to win just about all of them. For his size, he's nimble. Bounces around the field. Balance is pretty good there, but he almost exerts too much energy once he's engaged. Recovery skill is high-end. Oftentimes, it looks like he's beaten around the corner, but his gliding feet and strength keep the defender contained and pushed past the QB. Will toss defenders more so than any other blocker in this class. Menace in the ground game; devastating in that regard. Wants to drive defenders into the ground and does it often.

Weaknesses:

Technique needs a fair amount of work. Not a total project, but he has a tendency to get his hands wide in pass pro.

Accolades:

• 2021: All-AAC second team
  • 2021: 93.9 run blocking grade best ever by AAC tackle (PFF)

Getting everyone ready I see

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If Johnson goes, this is pretty much worst-case scenario for us. Couldn't have drawn up a worse board.

Status
Not open for further replies.