Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY THREE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
James Houston--LB....need to get him pronto in the 5th. Hope he lasts. I'd move up if i was Jerry.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d be using them to go get their guy or trading some for future picks
I hate the idea of using four 5th round picks and hope they get to the PS
Yeah I hear that...makes sense.

Dunno if there's a kicker worth drafting but there's gotta be a RB that can help around now.

If not it's gonna be high on the list next year and that's not good business.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to save 5 picks in these rounds and not move up a few spots to get a guy you wanted, if they really did want the other TE. This FO is beyond a clown show.

this. No excuse. Can’t wait for the presser where they try to tell us Ferguson was their guy all along.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah I hear that...makes sense.

Dunno if there's a kicker worth drafting but there's gotta be a RB that can help around now.

If not it's gonna be high on the list next year and that's not good business.
Agree
I’d love to add a RB
I would not use 4 5th round picks
I’m moving up to get my guy or I’m trading a couple to get a better pick next year

tm1119

Reaction score
Just look at Ferguson as an extra offensive lineman that can catch and you will feel better

Lol what are you talking about? He’s 250 pounds and a mediocre (at best) blocker. Why pretend to know what you’re are talking about?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My 5th round targets........

Cade Mays RG Tennessee
Kennedy Brooks RB Oklahoma
Markquese Bell SS Florida A&M
Leon O'Neal Jr. SS Texas A&M
James Houston IV OLB Jackson St.
Eric Johnson DL Missouri St.
Khalil Shakir WR Boise St.
Justyn Ross WR Clemson
Jamaree Salyer G Georgia

I'll take Bell and Shakir in round 5 and Gutierrez either in round 5 or 6.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to save 5 picks in these rounds and not move up a few spots to get a guy you wanted, if they really did want the other TE. This FO is beyond a clown show.

I don't think they saw enough of a difference to move up. Otton might have been the only TE they would have moved up for and he was taken with the first pick of the round.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Don’t even think! about sacrificing any hard earned 5th round picks in a trade up!

tm1119

Reaction score
this. No excuse. Can’t wait for the presser where they try to tell us Ferguson was their guy all along.

Fast forward to 2 years from now and 1 of these 5th round picks will be hyped up as a legit starter justifying why a more expensive and more talented player is let walk

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
My 5th round targets........

Cade Mays RG Tennessee
Kennedy Brooks RB Oklahoma
Markquese Bell SS Florida A&M
Leon O'Neal Jr. SS Texas A&M
James Houston IV OLB Jackson St.
Eric Johnson DL Missouri St.
Khalil Shakir WR Boise St.
Justyn Ross WR Clemson
Jamaree Salyer G Georgia

Brooks is an interesting prospect here in the 5th. Excellent vision, good power, and adequate speed. He's a downhill runner and does a good job finding creases if they're open and explodes through the hole. Not alot of wiggle and I can't say I recall him creating his own holes when the play breaks down. I think he would do well in the right offense. I'm just not sure that is our offense. Still, would love to have him and see what he can bring.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Shakir is reminding me of Cedrick Wilson back in the day. 3rd or 4th round talent who slipped through the cracks, and played like a 3rd/4th round talent as soon as he got a chance.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agree
I’d love to add a RB
I would not use 4 5th round picks
I’m moving up to get my guy or I’m trading a couple to get a better pick next year
Looking ahead to a year from now.....

They will probably be looking RB and TE early, so DT gets ignored early yet again....even though we probably just gave up 300 on the ground in a playoff loss.

Either that or it's big money to Schultz and/or Pollard.

Need to somehow grab a RB now that they feel comfortable pairing with another mid round rookie from next year for 2023.

Would be nice to be ahead of something for a change instead of the draft being a reaction to the gaping holes in the starting 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.