Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY THREE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why aren't our fans here more like the ones who attend the draft? A pick is announced and that team's fans cheer like they actually have some idea who the player is.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
For those of you saying Mel Kiper is the only one saying Ferguson is a bad blocker, he isn't the only one. Did a quick search on him as I hadn't studied him as much as I did others and these popped up.

-Ferguson isn’t quite as appealing as a blocker, but he does have some redeeming qualities there.

-Blocking Skills: He flashed in mobility and skill to get attached to defenders as a blocker, but too often whiffs on securing a clean fit with his hands and is working to simply keep leverage on the defender. Skilled defensive players have had success stacking him with relative ease on films studied, too. That said, I do believe he’s gotten better at the secondary effort on these plays to stay attached, particularly on LBs.

-While he gives effort as a blocker, he wasn't a great fit for what Wisconsin asks of their tight ends in the running game and he's likely to be overmatched if asked to take on defensive ends in the NFL. He is a solid receiver and a below-average blocker with TE2/3 potential.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lol what are you talking about? He’s 250 pounds and a mediocre (at best) blocker. Why pretend to know what you’re are talking about?
Because he is better than an OK blocker and 250 is big for a TE. Stop subscribing to your Mel Kiper fan magazine.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Didn’t realize that our 1st 5th rounder is fairly early (12 in RD5)

manster4ever

Reaction score
Fast forward to 2 years from now and 1 of these 5th round picks will be hyped up as a legit starter justifying why a more expensive and more talented player is let walk

Law of averages says you are right...one of the four 5th rounders will be a solid starter: good or even great player. Meantime one of the players taken in rounds 1-3 will bust out. Just the way it is in this league. It's a crap shoot, more so than ANY NFL front office exec will admit.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft now belongs to us and as soon as this draft is over free agency does too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does Washington have any interior lineman at all?

Maybe they can convert Mathis to Guard

fivetwos

Reaction score
For those of you saying Mel Kiper is the only one saying Ferguson is a bad blocker, he isn't the only one. Did a quick search on him as I hadn't studied him as much as I did others and these popped up.

-Ferguson isn’t quite as appealing as a blocker, but he does have some redeeming qualities there.

-Blocking Skills: He flashed in mobility and skill to get attached to defenders as a blocker, but too often whiffs on securing a clean fit with his hands and is working to simply keep leverage on the defender. Skilled defensive players have had success stacking him with relative ease on films studied, too. That said, I do believe he’s gotten better at the secondary effort on these plays to stay attached, particularly on LBs.

-While he gives effort as a blocker, he wasn't a great fit for what Wisconsin asks of their tight ends in the running game and he's likely to be overmatched if asked to take on defensive ends in the NFL. He is a solid receiver and a below-average blocker with TE2/3 potential.
If that's anything close to correct he is a Schultz clone and it was a terrible pick.

But....they want to remain a passing team and feature Prescotts arm.

We will see a lot of the same until that changes and it clearly hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.