Cowboys draft prediction

starfan1

Reaction score
If they don't sign a TB between now and draft, I predict they are hoping Robinson or Gibbs is there at 26.
gibbs will be not so sure about robinson. Ive seen a variety of mocks and they are mixed whether he is or not. Pretty much all of them has Gibbs available.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I think we definitely draft a TE. And if Kincaid is there at 26 he’s the pick. Wouldn’t be surprised if they even traded up a few spots to get him. If he’s gone and either Robinson or Gibbs is there that’ll be the pick. Definitely an offensive player with the first pick.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree with you on this one. I think they will have first round grades on at least 1 TE. I agree with you that this is not a position of need. But there are not that many positions that are. Jerry has always had this obsession with 'the weapon TE' . I suspect they would take a CB over a TE, but not much else. It helps Dak out as well. My guess 45% chance
You don't agree with me on need. I think it's a definite need because I want to help the QB as much as possible and giving him a seam stretching TE, something he's never had before, would do a lot for him.

I am still pissed off we didn't make the T.J. Hockenson trade.

Last edited:

Majic

Reaction score
You don't agree with me on need. I think it's a definite need because I want to help the QB as much as possible and giving him a seam stretching TE, something he's never had before, would do a lot for him.

I am still pissed off we didn't make the T.J. Hockenson trade.
Just remember come draft day how much Jerry wants a difference maker at TE.
Hockenson never showed that in Detroit

starfan1

Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

• DAL

Bijan Robinson
    RB Texas
  • DAL

Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
  • DAL

A.T. Perry
    WR Wake Forest
  • DAL

Jordan McFadden
    OT Clemson
  • DAL

Dorian Williams
    LB Tulane
  • DAL

Max Duggan
    QB TCU
  • DAL

Ben Sims
    TE Baylor
  • its that time of year to mess with draft simulators.I like this one

MikeT22

Reaction score
I am going to say the opposite if you will.I think they will pick a TE in the 1st 2 Rds.
With the quality of TEs this year, if not in round 1, then definitely day 2. Once you get to day 3 yore probably back to the likes of Schultz/Ferguson.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They will add another playmaker to the offense… In round one around pick 26, RB and TE would be your best bet. I think Robinson is gone by 15– and Gibbs is a Pollard clone.

My guess is they go with Kincaid and Ferg becomes your “all arounder” at TE with Henershot and McKeon rounding out a very nice position group

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
With all the talk on TEs in this draft and whether we should take one in the 1st round or wait, I'm predicting the Cowboys don't draft a TE at all. I think they've fallen in love with the Ferguson/Hendershot combination and feel very comfortable with McKeon as the 3. Any competition can be added in UDFA.

I'm not saying they will be dead set against taking a TE. I just don't think there will be a scenario where they choose TE over another position.

I would do the exact opposite of course but that's besides the point.

I'm putting this out there in March. Let's see if I'm reading this right.
We’ll see. But this TE class is too deep not to take one IMO.

MikeT22

Reaction score
With Quinn leading various D Line workouts time to rethink my position. Could they be that high on Lucas Van Ness or Will McDonald?
I think we will go heavy on offense, but very likely our 1st or 2nd will be defense.

Last year we went offense on 4 of our first 5 picks.

Now throw in Quinn taking himself out of coaching searches again and I think we will try to add a high level defender, probably DL early.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don’t really think TE will be the pick. This FO is convinced they can get a TE in later rounds and they have regularly. We got a hof TE in the third. I also think they like our two a lot. I suspect we will pick one but not in one.
Witten was a 2nd round pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I said 30 years and first rounder ....... Jason was a 3rd rounder and Michael was drafted by Tom Landry
I should have made my point more clear. One reason we have not seen more 1st round picks from these positions is each had HOFers. Emmitt and Witten played forever and Michael for what 6-7 years? So there was never a need to burn 1st rounders on these as long as they were playing.

2 WR's
2 RB's
1 TE

J-man

Reaction score
I agree with Risen, they have good TE's and have too many holes to ignore. They could bring in fa vet blocker type and maybe draft a mid-late rd guy, could they get Strange in rd 5?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Gut feeling on how they view their remaining TEs and also the fact that Schultz just signed a one year deal. It tells me the Cowboys truly were ready to move on. They don't feel they need him. I doubt they'd feel that way unless they are comfortable with what they already have. You can't count on what might be available in the draft.
Didn't they offer him a long term deal. though?