Cowboys draft predictions

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I agree with Lewis.
If they can get a fourth for him (Raiders/Browns?), you have to do it.

Dumb....You stole him in the 3rd. You don't give him away. Chris Brown isn't the nickle CB you win playoff games with.:rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Positions most likely to be double dipped.

Defensive Tackle - They should be taking a long look at all the possibilities here and two is certainly possible.

RB - I wouldn't be surprised if we took 2. A legit back up for Zeke and insurance if he pulls a Laveon Bell s well as a change of pace back. Odds are we only take one but Rod Smith and Jackson both don't inspire me much.

WR - It is doubtful that they take two but I wouldn't be shocked. Losing Beasley(Most likely), Twill and Hurns(most likely) could mean two new adds. Ultimately, I think they draft one and we get a good look at Cedrick Wilson and there have already been a couple of minor signings at the position.

LB - Wilson is likely gone, Thomas could be cut to save some cash, March Liliard seems like a JAG and Lee might even be let go. I think Lee ends up taking a cut and we draft one for depth and see if Covington can develop.

Need most likely to be ignored.

Safety. Every year I want a safety and every year I am disappointed. This is a position I think they look to address in F.A. with a bigger name and I suspect there will be zero drafted.

OG- I don't even see this as a need. Every publication has it listed as a position of need and I don't see it. Fred coming back and Looney can play G, Sua Filo looks solid, Just drafted Wiliams with a premium pick last year. There are a couple of others under contract as well. II would think OT could see a pick.

The Surprise pick.

DE is not really a need if DLAW is re-signed but if the right one fell to pick 58 you never have enough.

OT at pick 58 could happen. It is not the route I would go but Collins is in the last year of his deal and Tron is aging rapidly. I think we have too many immediate pressing needs to use the 2nd rd pick on OT but I could see it happening.

Trade UP/Trade Down

Which is likelier to happen? With only 5 picks you would think that trading down for more picks would be more likely but if they are more active in F.A. than normal and feel like they are only a couple of pieces away, moving up could be the move.

The player most likely to be traded.

I say Jourdan Lewis. I think he could be a starter for a lot of teams but isn't what Richards prefers. We don't trade players very often but if we did this one would make sense.
The Cowboys, as well as every other NFL team, don’t really get a sense of who they want to draft until after free agency. Once that’s over, they know where their deficiencies are and plan accordingly.

cowboyec

Reaction score
DreMont Jones,DT-Ohio St free-falls to our spot at 58 and becomes A Cowboy.....all because he hates puppies.....please spread that rumor...especially those of you who live in Indianapolis.
:starspin:Dre'Mont Jones:starspin:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Dumb....You stole him in the 3rd. You don't give him away. Chris Brown isn't the nickle CB you win playoff games with.:rolleyes:

Chris Brown?
You’re not giving anything away, you are getting a fourth back what’s not to say you can’t steal someone in the fourth? You sign someone like Verrett or Jimmie Ward to do the same thing he is now and adding another fourth which can help you move up in the third or stay put and add depth in the fourth.