Cowboys DVD sets

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I found a couple of DVD sets I'm thinking of buying. I was wondering if anyone else has them and if they are worth buying.

The first one is the new History of The Dallas Cowboys and the second is The Cowboys 10 Greatest Games.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2525280 said:
I found a couple of DVD sets I'm thinking of buying. I was wondering if anyone else has them and if they are worth buying.

The first one is the new History of The Dallas Cowboys and the second is The Cowboys 10 Greatest Games.
Got the History one a few years back & got the 10 Greatest Games for Christmas. Just finished watching Super Bowl 12 ( I almost forgot that Danny White actually played QB for a few plays in it while Staubach was hurt ) & just finished watching the '95 NFC Championship game. Watching Reggie White whine like a baby to the cameraman filming him as the Packers are about to lose was PRICELESS. :lmao2:
Both DVD sets are Great by the way. Must Haves for any Cowboys fan.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2525299 said:
Got the History one a few years back & got the 10 Greatest Games for Christmas. Just finished watching Super Bowl 12 ( I almost forgot that Danny White actually played QB for a few plays in it while Staubach was hurt ) & just finished watching the '95 NFC Championship game. Watching Reggie White whine like a baby to the cameraman filming him as the Packers are about to lose was PRICELESS. :lmao2:
Both DVD sets are Great by the way. Must Haves for any Cowboys fan.

The history one is a new one that came out this year.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2525304 said:
The history one is a new one that came out this year.

Wonder what this one has that the previous one didn't? Our sterling 13-3, one and done season of '07?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

I have the History one from a few years back. I think they updated it to include Romo stuff. It isn't bad, most of it is just old NFL Films video they repackaged.

Ultra Warrior

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the one that came out before that. Don't really know what the hell is on that new set.

Don Corleone

Reaction score

I want the 10 Greatest Games set. I have the history one from 2003. I heard the 10 greatest games set has the games in full...not NFL films footage.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
You gotta get the 10 Greatest Games.

There's nothing like watching the ENTIRE game. :D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I want the new History of the Cowboys DVD. Haven't been able to find it in stores yet. My sister-in-law did get me the Americas Game set, for the Cowboys and that was awesome. I've seen them all but they're great to own because each one has extras on them for bonus interviews and stories and such.

Good stuff.

Daudr

Reaction score

Both are great. I don't have the updated History one (I have the one from like 2 years ago), but to me the 10 games one is an absolute must-have for Cowboys fans.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Daudr;2525455 said:
Both are great. I don't have the updated History one (I have the one from like 2 years ago), but to me the 10 games one is an absolute must-have for Cowboys fans.

Cool......I placed the order last night. :laugh2:

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
Daudr;2525455 said:
It's a must have for those who don't already own those games on DVD. I had already picked up 9 of those 10 and about 60 more Dallas games from www.backintimedvd.com over the last 2 or 3 years. There are about 50 or 60 more on the sight that I'm going to purchase also. Now, if someone can tell me if the official Dallas set has the radio broadcasts of those games in addition to the TV commentators, I'd like to get them. Brad Sham is awesome calling The Boys on radio.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2525394 said:
If it has a blue star on it, then its worth buying :D

Jerry is that you?

But really I got the 10 greatest games and I love it, it's the best Cowboys DVD I have ever bought! In a way it makes me sick to see how great the Cowboys were then compared to now or the last 12 years and probably many more years of mediocrity!

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I have both, and yes, they're definitely worth buying. Like most of the other posters here, I think the 10 Greatest Game DVD set is priceless. All the Super Bowls in their entirety, the San Fran championship games, etc. Great set.

greg08

Reaction score
do the 10 greatest games have any madden and summeral commentary? thanks in advance

Ultra Warrior

Reaction score
greg08;2525655 said:
do the 10 greatest games have any madden and summeral commentary? thanks in advance
Yes. NFC Championship games.

tiny tim

Reaction score
I have both the old history of the Dallas Cowboys dvd set that came out in 2004 and the new history of the Dallas Cowboys dvd set that came out in 2008. Disc one on the 2008 starts out just like disc one of the 2004 set. The difference is disc one on the 2008 set has an extra 20 or so minutes of history that goes all the way up to the playoff game when the Giants beat the Cowboys 21 to 17. Now for disc two on the older 2004 set it has most of the NFC Championship game between the Cowboys and 49ers that was played in the year 1993 and had some people talking about the game ect.> On disc two of the 2008 set it has some footage of that "Atlanta Comeback" playoff game between the Cowboys and the Falcons on 1-4-1981 and some people talk about the game and they talk about Danny White.