CFZ Cowboys Edge Rushers

HungryLion

Reaction score
It is interesting how much college coaches impact the draft rating of players.

If Tyler Smith has only played OG in college, nobody would have questioned him as a 1st round talent.
- He would have been able to just line up and dominate college DLinemen as an OG.
- At LT, no amount of physical talent can mask a lack of proper technique.

Having said that, I assume that character questions had the biggest impact on Sam Williams draft rating by most teams.

I think this is true regarding Sam Williams.

On the Cowboys Break podcast after the draft, Nick Eatman stated that he had access to all the research into Williams off the field concerns and there are many, including concerns that go beyond the charges that were eventually dropped. Williams was off a lot of teams boards because of these concerns.

if he was clean off the field he probably goes in the first round. Between his athleticism AND production on the field in the SEC.

Majic

Reaction score

On the Cowboys Break podcast after the draft, Nick Eatman stated that he had access to all the research into Williams off the field concerns and there are many, including concerns that go beyond the charges that were eventually dropped. Williams was off a lot of teams boards because of these concerns.

if he was clean off the field he probably goes in the first round. Between his athleticism AND production on the field in the SEC.

I thought Nick was very down on the pick

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought Nick was very down on the pick

He seemed it. Whatever he learned about Williams off the field has him spooked. Can’t blame him considering the recent issues with Joseph.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
D law is so slow coming off the edge. That's y his sack numbers are low. You really noticed it when we saw micah's closing speed

Ken

Reaction score

Ah....so that would explain why he wasn't a top 5 pick bc for the life of me, I don't see anyone at DE better than him.

Reactions: BAT

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I think it would have to be when he was a minor or it would have all been leaked by now.

quickccc

Reaction score
D law is so slow coming off the edge. That's y his sack numbers are low. You really noticed it when we saw micah's closing speed

i think hes' above average off the edge but he's never had elite get off and top natural athleticism and bend such as Gregory,..
So he has to work and hustle that much harder on his shed techniques to get after the passer, imo.

Besides get off, Micah and Gregory also had such great agility and bend that they could get "skinny' and contour their bodies
so easily and so quickly in a blink. They make edge rushing look so easy and effortless.