Twitter: Cowboys expected to re-sign K Lirim Hajrullahu to practice squad

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we are pining for ex Cowboys Kickers, Nick Folk was 12 of 15 beyond 40 yards last year

Reactions: BAT

Maxmadden

Reaction score
75 Years of NFL Football and we are still letting a guy who kicks the ball decide the majority of games?

Kickoffs are nothing more than paid commercial timeouts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Things like this just aren't done.

Zuerlien did NOT forget how to kick. Now let's mess with his mind.

If in fact he isnt HEALTHY enough to kick after what was allowed to happen Thursday.....I suddenly have much less confidence that maybe we have turned a corner with some things.

Because that's fully unacceptable.

I'm absolutely not with you on this. Dallas doesn't want to give up on Zuerlein after one bad game, but if it continues, the team wants to be prepared to replace him. I don't care if that messes with his mind. If it does, then he needs to be cut anyway.

Reactions: CWR

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm absolutely not with you on this. Dallas doesn't want to give up on Zuerlein after one bad game, but if it continues, the team wants to be prepared to replace him. I don't care if that messes with his mind. If it does, then he needs to be cut anyway.
What good does it do to have a kicker on the PS?

Learn plays?

Unless they were seriously worried about losing this dude to a real gig....this is counterproductive.

conner01

Reaction score

Learn plays?

Unless they were seriously worried about losing this dude to a real gig....this is counterproductive.
Maybe they want to see how Greg does this week before deciding what to do
It’s real simple to call him up but it keeps that option available to you
It’s not like most of the guys on PS aren’t gonna be there to sign right back

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Learn plays?

What does it hurt? We have 17 spots on our practice squad. We have a kicker who was erratic his first week. I'd rather be prepared and already have his replacement signed than have some other team sign him first. We can protect up to four players from being signed off our practice squad each week. If this is the kicker we want if Zuerlein's troubles continue, then there's no reason not to go ahead and sign him.

Note: The 17th spot is an IPP exemption.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe they want to see how Greg does this week before deciding what to do
It’s real simple to call him up but it keeps that option available to you
It’s not like most of the guys on PS aren’t gonna be there to sign right back
This Lirim guy needed to be on the PS for him to be available if they wanted to move on?

Zuerlien has to spend the week with this hanging over his head? I suppose you'll be right there ripping him if he blows it again.

I'm not talking about the PS spot....its another kicker with the team all week. Awkward.

They aren't robots and kicking is by far more mental than any other position.

The only saving grace here is that the Jones' are by far smarter than anyone else in the league.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I guess that would make him Mr. Semi-Automatic. ;)
I have plenty of those. And I ain't givin' them up to no government. ;)

But in all seriousness, Bailey deserves a second chance with the Cowboys if Zuerlein is indeed damaged goods. Greg Z has been one of the best kickers in football through the years when he's been healthy, BUT he's been injured a lot his last 4-5 years with the Rams. Missed multiple games each season in the McVay era.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What does it hurt? We have 17 spots on our practice squad. We have a kicker who was erratic his first week. I'd rather be prepared and already have his replacement signed than have some other team sign him first. We can protect up to four players from being signed off our practice squad each week. If this is the kicker we want if Zuerlein's troubles continue, then there's no reason not to go ahead and sign him.

Note: The 17th spot is an IPP exemption.
Again....its not the roster spot.

Look at it this way.....you're Zuerlien....that's not on your mind that he is around? You want our kicker thinking about that?

What happens when established kickers try to think and kick at the same time when things become a bit questionable? Nick Folk and Dan Bailey were each among the top kickers here in the league at one point, left Dallas in straight jackets....then got back to form elsewhere.

They could pick up that kicker at any moment if need be. No need to mess with Z.

And if it's determined that he isn't "healthy" enough yet....the fact that he was allowed to kick Thursday is unacceptable.