Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Extend Blake Jarwin

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dude better step up. He literally needs to double his production from last year to warrant this kind of pay raise.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

This is our opportunity to field the most elite TE corps every assembled and right a wrong.

Do not screw this up, Jerry Jones.

LocoBates

Reaction score
Dude better step up. He literally needs to double his production from last year to warrant this kind of pay raise.

This is a great sign, He is very good and the only reason his production was not great is because #82. Now that Witten is gone I am sure Jarwin will be very productive this season.

jnday

Reaction score
This is a great sign, He is very good and the only reason his production was not great is because #82. Now that Witten is gone I am sure Jarwin will be very productive this season.
The reason why Jarwin’s production is not higher is due to his limited skill set. His blocking is bad, so when opposing defenses see him in the game, they know that the Dallas offense is about to run a pass play. He is an oversized WR that has shown flashes in certain situations. Witten has little to do with Jarwin not being a good blocker that limits his playing time. I do think he fits MM’s type of TE more than Witten would have. I don’t remember GB ever having a good blocking TE and they use the position as an extra WR. Jarwin has flashed the talent that could excel in that kind of offense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The reason why Jarwin’s production is not higher is due to his limited skill set. His blocking is bad, so when opposing defenses see him in the game, they know that the Dallas offense is about to run a pass play. He is an oversized WR that has shown flashes in certain situations. Witten has little to do with Jarwin not being a good blocker that limits his playing time. I do think he fits MM’s type of TE more than Witten would have. I don’t remember GB ever having a good blocking TE and they use the position as an extra WR. Jarwin has flashed the talent that could excel in that kind of offense.

I do wonder if we'll use the fullback more, so that Jarwin will have less blocking responsibilities than a typical No. 1 TE. Not that Olawale is considered a great run blocker.