Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Extend Blake Jarwin

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good move, sign one of the playmakers on your offense...makes the $40M QB better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry and Stephen Jones as I have said over and over do not want to win Super Bowls, but wants to make money period. The fire a back to back Super Bowl winning coach, pass on Randy Moss, let go their entire Pro Bowl defense from 2006, 2016, and now let walk a WR they gave up a no.1 pick for a season and 1/2 of work. Then you create team declension by franchise tagging a 2 time pro bowl and playoff appearing QB who has only played 4 years in the league.
OK take a breath. Jimmy already said 5 years was his limit and had decided to move on. Each team in the league passed on Randy Moss. Cooper hasn't walked yet. The Cowboy had no choice but tag Dak due to Dak's agents demands.

You are going out to the extreme view on all your takes.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To me, this is a good move. Jarwin is a very good downfield threat at the TE position and he's not costing all that much to keep around. You'd like for him to be a better blocker in the running game. But he still posted a 31-365-3 stat line despite having his playing time criminally reduced due to Jason Witten's return.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it’s an extension over the tender. 4 years for 27 mil. That’s a great deal actually.

Well done by the FO it true.

Yep. I'll complain about things I disagree with but I'll also give credit where credit is due (amazing concept for some people I know). I think they made a good deal here.

RoboQB

Reaction score
OK take a breath. Jimmy already said 5 years was his limit and had decided to move on. Each team in the league passed on Randy Moss. Cooper hasn't walked yet. The Cowboy had no choice but tag Dak due to Dak's agents demands.

You are going out to the extreme view on all your takes.

Randy Moss was selected 21st overall in 1998.
Not every (or "each"...lol) team passed on him.
But I get your point.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Seems a bit high for the 1 year wonder. Hope he continues to produce.
He produces every game he gets in but Father Freaking Timed At 12.7 In The 40 got 85% of the snaps last season in stead of the 40% he should have.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Seems a bit high for the 1 year wonder. Hope he continues to produce.

His numbers were about the same the last 2 years, and not much of a wonder either time. He's being paid like he's a *proven* top TE.

If he's so great, this is a massive condemnation of our failure to use him last year.

Going by 2019 numbers, he'd be the 5th highest cap hit in the league. Even discounting for payscale hikes, it seems wacky.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2019/cap-hit/tight-end/

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Good ol' middle ground.. I think Jerry's race is 50/50. Anything else and you could call it dead. growing weary...it's been 25 years dude.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Jarwin can not and does not block.
I think that might be a bit exaggerated...not saying he a great blocker by any stretch but he's not as bad as a lot make him out to be. Here are a couple of videos - on the first check out Jarwin especially in the Wash, Miami and Rams games, also on the last run vs Wash at end of tape - nice combo block

The second vs the Rams - they are both Tony Pollard highlights but you can find Jarwin doing a pretty decent job.

Oneiros

Reaction score
To me, this is a good move. Jarwin is a very good downfield threat at the TE position and he's not costing all that much to keep around. You'd like for him to be a better blocker in the running game. But he still posted a 31-365-3 stat line despite having his playing time criminally reduced due to Jason Witten's return.
I'm curious to see if his blocking will improve with a different coach who focuses more on it.

I just hope that this doesn't prevent us from looking at the position in the draft as well.

kumizi

Reaction score
If witten is worth 5 a year and hate in is worth 8 a year, why is jarij backing up witten?

welcome to why the cowboys will never win a SB with the Jones’ in charge.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His numbers were about the same the last 2 years, and not much of a wonder either time. He's being paid like he's a *proven* top TE.

If he's so great, this is a massive condemnation of our failure to use him last year.

Going by 2019 numbers, he'd be the 5th highest cap hit in the league. Even discounting for payscale hikes, it seems wacky.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2019/cap-hit/tight-end/

None of our tight ends did much the one year witten was in the booth. Jarwin came back to be more of a factor last year though.