WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Clayton blog

Interesting list of suitors for Hall
Thursday, November 6, 2008 | Print Entry

Some of the teams that have checked in on former Raiders cornerback DeAngelo Hall create a few interesting scenarios. The Patriots checked in and are interested. That makes sense. They haven't really filled the void from Asante Samuel's signing with the Philadelphia Eagles in the offseason. Hall is a young corner who could be groomed well in Bill Belichick's system. The Steelers checked in. Imagine Hall's speed to go with the Steelers blitzing schemes. The Saints called. That makes sense because the Saints love man-to-man coverage cornerbacks. Perhaps the most interesting team is the Commanders. If the Commanders could convince Hall to sign with them and accept some type of a long-term deal, they would fill a possible need in free agency this year as opposed to waiting until the offseason. More than 15 teams are interest in Hall.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i could see the patriots...and is that 15 total or 15 including the 4 listed making it 19?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;2406006 said:
i could see the patriots...and is that 15 total or 15 including the 4 listed making it 19?
According to the scroll on NFL Network it's a total of 15 teams.

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2405792 said:
I highly doubt it.

Patriots will be nabbing him shortly.

of all teams, that's probably the one place that he could live up to his expectations.

i was really optimistic about the secondary before the season started, as was most everyone else.

it just never got a chance to gel. roy williams can't function in our type of defense, but it would have been nice to just give them all a season to see what could happen.

i do think hall could be very productive if he's alongside newman and jenkins. i'm thinking in the future of course.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2406016 said:
According to the scroll on NFL Network it's a total of 15 teams.

ok. this might be a stupid question but lets say the ravens for example claimed him on waivers, would they have to pick up his contract from oakland or sign him to a new one like they would if he was released in the off season?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2405841 said:
The only way I see this happening is if Jerry knows Pac won't be reinstated.

That or Jerry has decided that reinstated or not he has no intention of bringing back Jones and he'd just replace him with Hall instead.