Cowboys eyeing Texas' linemen yesterday...

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I thought I remember reading something about J Scott saying he spent almost this whole offseason working out with Flozelle Adams...cant remember where, but I am sure I saw it

I wouldnt take Scott in round 1 and probably wouldnt in 2 where we pick, but if he's there in rd 3 when we pick he'd be a good value I think...could get stronger and add some bulk, and has the feet to play LT and can play RT as well..he has more physical talent than any of he other Cowboy backup OL's

David
I agree. 3rd would be good value and no pressure to play immediately. Then someone can light a fire under him without much risk.

ghst187

Reaction score
Woods said:
It seems that R. Wright, for example, has really slipped in the mocks I've been reading.

Any idea why? I thought at one point last season (when they were projecting the 2006 Draft), this guy was a consensus top 20 pick?

If he would've came out last year, he'd gone top 15. However, this past season Rod Wright underwhelmed and disappeared most of the season. He didn't make a big impact.
I also agree that he's more of a 4-3 DL than a 3-4.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Wright would be a good replacement for Glover. He could probably be used like Richard Seymour is for the Patriots, and play several positions along the DL depending on the package and the matchup. You probably wouldn't want Wright playing base nose against a great running team aside from a series or two to give Fergie a breather, but you probably wouldn't mind him playing nose againt a team like the Eagles. And he could aslo playe 3-4 DE and nickel pass rushing defensive tackle.

joseephuss

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Wright would be a good replacement for Glover. He could probably be used like Richard Seymour is for the Patriots, and play several positions along the DL depending on the package and the matchup. You probably wouldn't want Wright playing base nose against a great running team aside from a series or two to give Fergie a breather, but you probably wouldn't mind him playing nose againt a team like the Eagles. And he could aslo playe 3-4 DE and nickel pass rushing defensive tackle.

I could see that.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
lkelly said:
Other than Wright and Scott, does Texas have any other linemen who might rate draft consideration?

Will Allen is a fine OG who can also play center, will likely be drafted somewhere around the 5th round or so...

William Winston is HUGE, but only a marginal talent at OT... he might be drafted late, but would probably be more likely to go undrafted...

Larry Dibbles is an undersized DT, who might or might not be drafted...

Justin Blalock is probably the Horns' best offensive lineman, but he's got another season in Austin...