Cowboys FA update

fivetwos

Reaction score
it is really time they move on from Goodwin. I know he is a very good ST’s player.

So with Will McClay, they can’t find a replacement by now. He just takes up a roster spot, as he can’t play CB.
I’ve been saying this for three years.

But the band wouldn’t sound the same without the tambourine player behind the loud amps….so here we are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only one I hate losing is Armstrong.
He was a loss. He had 14 sacks the past 2 seasons. I’m sure the Cowboys would have liked to have kept him. Losing Polard will only come back to bite us if we don’t find someone better. I’m not sure we will unless we get lucky in the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
He was a loss. He had 14 sacks the past 2 seasons. I’m sure the Cowboys would have liked to have kept him.
Don’t think he does anything Williams cannot do.

A lot of his sacks were QBs rolling his way or rolling directly into him. He isn’t an elite pass rusher and more of just a decent pass rusher

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

A lot of his sacks were QBs rolling his way or rolling directly into him. He isn’t an elite pass rusher and more of just a decent pass rusher
The jury is still out on Williams who is starting to become a disappointment. He shows flashes but disappears. He didn’t progress the way many thought he would in year two. I’ve lost some hope with him.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I had them resigning T. Smith, Hankins, Lewis or Gilmore, and Sieg.

Dallas resigned Lewis and Sieg. Still in hunt for Smith. And I believe Hawkins will be resigned.

The only surprise was the Goodwin signing.

From out side the team Reader, Lavonte David or Wagner. They signed Kendrick at LB and missed out on Reader.

That's free agency. If you were expecting more, you don't know your team.

The tell was did Prescott get extended, no. Did Lamb sign new deal, no. Were there multiple restructures, no. All the signs were there.

But most fans are so wrapped up in their GM fantasies of how they would handle free agency that they don't see the reality of the situation of how the Dallas organization is going to handle free agency.

Free agency is right on schedule, like it or not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

One other point on Williams, he’s starting to remind me of Randy Gregory. He’ll make a nice play, then commit a boneheaded penalty. He makes a lot of mistakes. There’s also been some off the field issues with him. If he doesn’t make some big strides next season, he’ll be allowed to walk when he’s a FA.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To my count there are 29 open roster spots to get to the 90 for TC.
7 which will be draft picks unless any trades happen.

Probably 10 to 12 UDFA depending how many of there own FA as well as other FA are signed.

MikeT22

Reaction score
But most fans are so wrapped up in their GM fantasies of how they would handle free agency that they don't see the reality of the situation of how the Dallas organization is going to handle free agency.

Free agency is right on schedule, like it or not.
Yeah, we know how they operate. The problem is, it doesn't work. I'm not saying break the bank for guys like Christian Wilkins. But there are solid 2nd tier guys in their 20's that could be had but we just don't value doing that, because we really don't value anything other than being above .500.