BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Mitch

Reaction score
It‘s pretty clear to me that by „All-In“ they mean either we have success this year or we tear it down and start over with a new coach like Belichick. And that’s the reason why they are focused on signing 1-year-deals, to be flexible for a big change next year. If that’s remotely true I hope they treat Dak the same way, prove that you can win in the postseason or you’re gone.

Mcsports

Reaction score
The jury is still out on Williams who is starting to become a disappointment. He shows flashes but disappears. He didn’t progress the way many thought he would in year two. I’ve lost some hope with him.
I’d agree with you . He did though show some tremendous athleticism on the special teams as a gunner. Maybe zimmer can tap his potential

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hate losing Gallimore. He sucks, but losing a rotational piece at a position that was already in dire need of help is not what you want to see. I would have been fine releasing him when we found someone, but yikes. The DT cupboard is almost as bare as RB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
One other point on Williams, he’s starting to remind me of Randy Gregory. He’ll make a nice play, then commit a boneheaded penalty. He makes a lot of mistakes. There’s also been some off the field issues with him. If he doesn’t make some big strides next season, he’ll be allowed to walk when he’s a FA.
I would argue that many of his mistakes are effort plays on defense and on special teams. I’m hoping when he plays more, he will feel less energy and need to make big plays and will be effective.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It‘s pretty clear to me that by „All-In“ they mean either we have success this year or we tear it down and start over with a new coach like Belichick Mike Zimmer. And that’s the reason why they are focused on signing 1-year-deals, to be flexible for a big change next year. If that’s remotely true I hope they treat Dak the same way, prove that you can win in the postseason or you’re gone.
Agreed

12+88=7

Reaction score
Yeah, we know how they operate. The problem is, it doesn't work. I'm not saying break the bank for guys like Christian Wilkins. But there are solid 2nd tier guys in their 20's that could be had but we just don't value doing that, because we really don't value anything other than being above .500.
Only had one big ticket item, Reader. I thought he would get 15 million and he got 13.75. I don't think that is out of whack for this market. But the team is really dug in on not spending big on any position. Oh well, on to the draft..

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if jones drank as much as people say he does, he'd have died eons ago.
He is pickled.

Wife's grandfather went through a bottle of dickle ever few days and a twelve pack.
Their families english bulldog was chewing on the old mans toe like it was a chew toy and the old
guy never felt it until I yelled at him. true story.

Either way...good to hear from you, hope life finds you well Good Sir.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He is pickled.

Wife's grandfather went through a bottle of dickle ever few days and a twelve pack.
Their families english bulldog was chewing on the old mans toe like it was a chew toy and the old
guy never felt it until I yelled at him. true story.

Either way...good to hear from you, hope life finds you well Good Sir.
better than i have been in a long time. 9+ years sober, weight lower than its ever been, and my karaoke voice thinks its back.

thank you - hope you're doing well also!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
better than i have been in a long time. 9+ years sober, weight lower than its ever been, and my karaoke voice thinks its back.

thank you - hope you're doing well also!
Congrats. Very Happy for you. Sounds like you are doing well.
Me....I am still trucking...just at a slower rate and a half broke down rig so to speak lol.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
One other point on Williams, he’s starting to remind me of Randy Gregory. He’ll make a nice play, then commit a boneheaded penalty. He makes a lot of mistakes. There’s also been some off the field issues with him. If he doesn’t make some big strides next season, he’ll be allowed to walk when he’s a FA.
Agree - it wouldn’t be surprising to read about him going something stupid.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it is really time they move on from Goodwin. I know he is a very good ST’s player.

So with Will McClay, they can’t find a replacement by now. He just takes up a roster spot, as he can’t play CB.
With Goodwin, it’s like having a one man “Special Teams Draft” every year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Goodwin, it’s like having a one man “Special Teams Draft” every year.
Right.
And they do need to complete the roster. Need competition. So if a young player beats him out for a roster spot. That can be a good sign.