Cowboys FA update

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I had them resigning T. Smith, Hankins, Lewis or Gilmore, and Sieg.

Dallas resigned Lewis and Sieg. Still in hunt for Smith. And I believe Hawkins will be resigned.

The only surprise was the Goodwin signing.

From out side the team Reader, Lavonte David or Wagner. They signed Kendrick at LB and missed out on Reader.

That's free agency. If you were expecting more, you don't know your team.

The tell was did Prescott get extended, no. Did Lamb sign new deal, no. Were there multiple restructures, no. All the signs were there.

But most fans are so wrapped up in their GM fantasies of how they would handle free agency that they don't see the reality of the situation of how the Dallas organization is going to handle free agency.

Free agency is right on schedule, like it or not.
I’d say you properly read the tea leaves and are well versed in the Cowboys free agency strategy.

The Kendricks pick-up wasn’t sexy but it’s solid particularly given his past with Zim. If you’re iffy on the player, just ask yourself if this is better than Bell playing LB.

I’d like to see one more signing similar to that of Kendricks and a couple more of our own resigned yet.

I’ll concur, we’re right on schedule.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I’d say you properly read the tea leaves and are well versed in the Cowboys free agency strategy.

The Kendricks pick-up wasn’t sexy but it’s solid particularly given his past with Zim. If you’re iffy on the player, just ask yourself if this is better than Bell playing LB.

I’d like to see one more signing similar to that of Kendricks and a couple more of our own resigned yet.

I’ll concur, we’re right on schedule.
I looked at what left at DT and the cupboard is bare. Dallas will not get an impact DT like I thought.

Funny, the two positions that were picked early were RB and DT.

I think they can still get a RB and draft one, but I thought there would be more players available. Didn't see the demand in the market.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
It's crazy I never seen a team's GM like their guys as much as the Cowboys do. I guess that is what happens when your GM is the Owner too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
it is really time they move on from Goodwin. I know he is a very good ST’s player.

So with Will McClay, they can’t find a replacement by now. He just takes up a roster spot, as he can’t play CB.
They have so many S's that can do what he does