News: Cowboys face 4 major decisions – including one on Ezekiel Elliott

CCBoy

Reaction score
We really won’t know what Stephen is until Jerry is gone or officially turns it over stepping down which is unlikely.

It’s difficult to say yet whether what appears like some sounder personnel decisions will pay off until higher results come in.

If last year is any indication we’re still hanging on a thread with a huge miscalculation that Receiver by Committee would work and almost cost the season and potentially Daks career with another non playoff season until Daddy saved the season.

Similar to the Cheapskate decision in 2015 that booted Murray and poorly handled the Dez contract negotiations which ultimately probably shortened Romo’s career.

If any of this is Stephens influence then we are doomed eventually. Most likely Stephen does have Daddy’s ear much like Jason does but I seriously doubt the final decision isn't still Jerry’s.

All of the bigger decisions still have Jerry’s stamp on them including the trade last year for Cooper, the risk in the draft line for Gregory, the Hardy deal , even Jerry wanting to speak personally with Dez before parted ways.

All Stephen has illustrated this far is he is simply a Cheapskate. The better drafts begin in 2011 when Garrett took over rebuilding this offense in his vision then Jerry turned to him to rebuild the defense. I believe Stephen has probably been an Allie of Jason as well. But every time we start to believe there might be a greater influence Jerry makes them all look like Puppets as he did with Linehan.

The concept in service was know your men. What? You want to shoot some bullets at them to see if they will survive?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I said the exact same thing yesterday to some buddies of mine. Thats exactly what needs to be done. He got 25 mil all guaranteed his first contract. he will get another 10 to 13 on his franchise tag. He will then get one more 2 to 3 year deal from someone else.

Production determines his market value...not whether he is an Eagle Scout material.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is your one gig here, making an argument about every last thing stated?

The answer was Dallas. They are most recent and apply to the talent on hand right here and now.
I’m responding to your rebuttals. I’ll try to answer every single one.

Verdict

Reaction score
Zeke and Byron Jones won’t get 2nd contracts.
Jaylon, Dak and Cooper will.

Well, you may end up being right, but you never really know what the Cowboys will do. I think Byron is he most likely cap casualty of that group.

I think the remainder of them will get a contract barring a player just being totally unreasonable. I think they over paid with Tank too, but that ship has sailed.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m responding to your rebuttals. I’ll try to answer every single one.
First off, that wasn't my direction...if one doesn't want to discuss merit, then stay out of the discussion.

No one or the sea gull flying by has stated that Stephen Jones has taken over the Dallas Cowboys. At least with an I.Q. higher than sedimentary rock.:)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one yet can answer why Jerry hadn’t made an announcement that Stephen is calling the shots?

Is Jerry going to take all the credit if they win another championship or will he give Stephen credit for making the personnel and coaching decisions?

That’s why this is all Fake News because we’ve simply fabricated the facts and events to support our narrative. Why? Because it either makes us feel better or it provides us more hope. I’m not sure.

But as much as I’m a critic of Jerry’s , if we reach the Super Bowl again, I’m giving him credit for listening more to those around him and trusting his instincts similar to how I’ve blamed him for the last couple decades and applauded early on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First off, that wasn't my direction...if one doesn't want to discuss merit, then stay out of the discussion.

No one or the sea gull flying by has stated that Stephen Jones has taken over the Dallas Cowboys. At least with an I.Q. higher than sedimentary rock.:)
Then what have you been suggesting? Sorry if I misread. Maybe that was CERN?

cern

Reaction score
Then what have you been suggesting? Sorry if I misread. Maybe that was CERN?
I said Stephen calls the shots regarding players and their contracts. The electronic checkbook still belongs to Jerry.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
As for Zeke, I would let him play out his contract, tag him 1 year, then let him walk.
Why let him walk when you can trade him. You'll get more than one pick for trading him.

Then you can push those picks back to 2021 and how after Trevor Lawrence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe we’ll try RB by Committee again?

Jerry loves his star players. He’ll make every effort to sign him. Even if it means letting other areas of the team go.