Cowboys Fans Are Embarrassing Karens

nobody

Reaction score
What's just as bad as the karens overreacting to plays (and it can get really bad)? Karens who create threads just to whine about how other fans choose to be fans. Does it help? No. Does it just create more arguing and reactions? Yes.

I wish people would stop trying to police how others choose to be a fan.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Come back after after the Playoffs because that's all that matters. I enjoyed the win last night but we'll see what happens because I've been down this road before. At least they are blowing bad teams out now which is different. We'll see.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
A few things.

The reason why they create game threads is simply just a place to vent, cheer, complain, praise, etc things/players that go on during a game.

It's downright bizarre that some of you get so pissy about what's said in the heat of a game in a game thread. Sure, some of it's silly but that's what happens to any fanbase in a game like that where we were in a dogfight heading into the 4th Q against a bad team.

What exactly do you guys want? Game threads that just are like........

"Man, that's a tough play but the boys are trying real hard!"

"Go Cowboys!"

"Yeah, Lamb, you dropped that ball. But that's OK. I still love you. You are my favorite player!"

"Oh man, that stinks, we lost to the 1-14 Jags. But that's OK! Fight another day boys!"

"Even though we lost to a bad Giants team, I really feel that this team is making a run this year despite sitting at 4-8!"
Yea, I think it is a place where you can vent. I think the comments are funny and I have said some ridiculous things I'm sure. But its all for enjoyment. I don't believe there is a dark conspiracy brewing on the game thread, ha ha.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We spanked the heck out of this team. Even though they put up a fight in the first half (the clock stops ticking after the 2nd half), the Cowboys were playing a good game.

But you wouldn't know that by our fans' comments in the gameday thread.

I read comments from "Ryan > Prescott," to things like Kelvin Joseph is the devil, and even the proverbial 27 years nonsensical gamblers fallacy mantra.

I actually have a good time watching the Cowboys, especially this year. But some of our fans must be so miserable.

What was Joseph supposed to do? Grow eyes in the back of his head? Jump up and doing a spinning WoW attack move? I mean, his penalty in the first half was more about him trying too hard to make a play. I'd rather a young player like KJ try too hard than not try enough.

The Dak trolls take the cake though. Every QB throws INTs, just like every CB gets beat. You don't win or lose games in a single drive, or a single quarter. But you wouldn't know that by listening to what all the reactionary Nancy's say about this current team, which is one of the best, if not the best, team in football.

I finally had to duck out, because I don't roll like that. I'm not afraid to criticize anyone on the team, or even the team at large. But this schtick from our fans is pathetic and out of control.

Not pointing fingers, here. But you know the ones I'm talking about.
I think they are miserable individuals. So miserable they need attention because they don’t get it much from anywhere else. So they come here and jump on the Dak hate agenda to get attention. They actually root for Dak to fail to make themselves feel good. Dak is no Brady or Mahomes but he’s an excellent QB who nearing top 5 status.

T-RO

Reaction score
It comes from lack of W's in the playoffs.

Don't think so. It's just stupid, entitled fans with ungrounded expectations. Its not just in Dallas.

I've seen fans on the Packers forums unhinged over the stupidest stuff. Belichick was boo'ed this past Sunday.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Simple.

Many of them aren't really fans, they're people who like to whine, complain and draw attention to themselves. Or they know little about football so all they can do is make nonsensical comments.

But they're all over. I grew up watching the Cowboys in a small town in East Texas. Moved to Houston in the late 70's (yeah, I'm old) and thought "Gee, maybe I'll become an Oilers fan as well as a Cowboys fan, except of course I'll pull for the Cowboys to beat the Oilers when they play and for SB wins".

But the local paper had a call-in section, and some Oilers "fan" called in and said "Well, yes the Cowboys have more wins, titles, etc. but Bum Phillips is a better coach than Landry because his record in his first two (or three, whatever) years was better than Landry's".

Ignoring of course the fact that Landry's first years were with a brand-new team vs. the Oilers who were already well established.

And other dumb comments as well.

Turned me off the Oilers permanently. So don't be too hard on the Cowboys "fans" you mentioned, I don't consider them fans, just posters on a website....

I was an Oilers fan before I was a Cowboys fan, honestly. The teams I watched taught me a lot about football, and I was a pretty good player. But my high school transitioned to 5A in my Jr. and Sr. years, and we just weren't as good as the years prior, when we were undefeated district champs.

But that's what it's like moving up another level, which isn't nearly as big of a jump as high school to college or even a bigger jump from college to pros, which is why I'm sympathetic towards players like Tolbert, who haven't yet gotten up to NFL speed.

It's more difficult than it looks. lol

No worries on being old. That happens to the best of us.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think they are miserable individuals. So miserable they need attention because they don’t get it much from anywhere else. So they come here and jump on the Dak hate agenda to get attention. They actually root for Dak to fail to make themselves feel good. Dak is no Brady or Mahomes but he’s an excellent QB who nearing top 5 status.

I was down on Dak for a little bit in the offseason, but I realized I was being bitter and my thinking was based off the San Fran game. Then I went back and watched that game and it wasn't nearly as much Dak's fault as I first thought.. So I laid off the haterade and now think more along the lines of what you're saying.

I've always said Dak is a top 10 QB, right around 7 or 8. Now, especially if we're going off the past few games, he's inching towards being a top 5.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I was down on Dak for a little bit in the offseason, but I realized I was being bitter and my thinking was based off the San Fran game. Then I went back and watched that game and it wasn't nearly as much Dak's fault as I first thought.. So I laid off the haterade and now think more along the lines of what you're saying.

I've always said Dak is a top 10 QB, right around 7 or 8. Now, especially if we're going off the past few games, he's inching towards being a top 5.

I don't see him getting to top 5, he STILL misses far too many easy and very open passes. After this long, he's not going to get any better at that.
Also still doesn't read defenses well, throws to double covered receivers too often.

But yeah, he's top-10, no doubt in my mind...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We spanked the heck out of this team. Even though they put up a fight in the first half (the clock stops ticking after the 2nd half), the Cowboys were playing a good game.

But you wouldn't know that by our fans' comments in the gameday thread.

I read comments from "Ryan > Prescott," to things like Kelvin Joseph is the devil, and even the proverbial 27 years nonsensical gamblers fallacy mantra.

I actually have a good time watching the Cowboys, especially this year. But some of our fans must be so miserable.

What was Joseph supposed to do? Grow eyes in the back of his head? Jump up and doing a spinning WoW attack move? I mean, his penalty in the first half was more about him trying too hard to make a play. I'd rather a young player like KJ try too hard than not try enough.

The Dak trolls take the cake though. Every QB throws INTs, just like every CB gets beat. You don't win or lose games in a single drive, or a single quarter. But you wouldn't know that by listening to what all the reactionary Nancy's say about this current team, which is one of the best, if not the best, team in football.

I finally had to duck out, because I don't roll like that. I'm not afraid to criticize anyone on the team, or even the team at large. But this schtick from our fans is pathetic and out of control.

I find it strange how others around the NFL see the Cowboys as one of the top teams and yet many of our fans act as if this is some bottom of the barrel team with no talent.

Not pointing fingers, here. But you know the ones I'm talking about.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Come back after after the Playoffs because that's all that matters. I enjoyed the win last night but we'll see what happens because I've been down this road before. At least they are blowing bad teams out now which is different. We'll see.

Agreed, there is something to be said for beating teams you're supposed to beat. Every team has lost games they should have won easily, that's not unusual, but they should be very few....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Those game threads are entertaining.
The roller-coaster that some of the fans take makes you wonder how they exist in the real world.

It's the flip-floppers that get me. The others, whether positive or negative, don't relly bother me as long as they are consistent.

starfan1

Reaction score
It is, especially if you go read the overreactions and overstatements in the thread. Like, I'd hate to see some of these people in adverse situations in real life, because they'd all lose their composure.
It’s the way of the world man not just in here. Sad just sad but whatever it takes to get you through life I guess

internet is a sesspool of Karen’s just stroll through social media

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It is, especially if you go read the overreactions and overstatements in the thread. Like, I'd hate to see some of these people in adverse situations in real life, because they'd all lose their composure.

Well you can see it easily. Just get in your car and drive around, road rage is all over...