Cowboys fans living in fantasy land

morat1959

Reaction score
nah some fans are too happy some too jaded some realist down the middle but dont act like teams like NE of they had lost BB and Brady retired they would immediately be back in SB

Teams like philly took 60yrs to finally win their first, 50yrs between SBs for KC,many who havent won one, some never been to one, other only been to ONE EVER.. so what SBS are so easy a caveman can do it? we can cry we only had 3 in the 90s and waiting 25plus years for another but it doesnt work like that for most teams..

does jerry OWN all these other teams?

Jimmy was Hired by Jerry and Jerry paid the bills made all the decsions to make sure jimmy got what he needed..it wasn't all jimmy.. jimmy didnt win one in Miami, did he? did he make it out of the first round retried again, dude left very team after 4-5 yrs, he didnt have the drive a BB has..?

I'm as upset as anyone we have not sniffed one since 1996 but lest not get so jaded and twisted and act like others teams have regularly been to a SB without dead periods other then NE..yes the drought sux but weve at least been top 10 in wins the last decade and are not the losers like some bottom 16 teams.. I get tis not enough but doesnt mean we arent allowed to be hopeful..
Every team, every year that doesn’t win the SB is a loser.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Some days, I can only take so much of the meaningless hand-wringing that goes on here:

"Let's sign this guy who just got cut!"

"Let's trade our first round pick for the next 4 years for some QB I only learned existed last month!"

I suppose some of you are young, but the old timers should know better. I fully expect to go to my grave waiting for the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl. Blow smoke up your backside if it makes you feel better, but the 3 SBs in the 90s were all about Jimmy. It's not an accident that Jerry and his son haven't been able to sniff another in a quarter century - do you need another 25 years to accept reality?

Sign Dak! Don't sign Dak!

I'll do you one better - it doesn't matter. The Cowboys brain trust isn't smart enough to build a champion, with or without Dak. The sooner you accept it the less frustrated you'll be when the inevitable happens next season, and the next, and the next...:rolleyes:
Wow Jimmy won Superbowls after he retired? Wow just wow...sarcasm of course. There have been a lot of coaches that were not named Jimmy that won SBs. We just hired one that did. I go into every season hoping for the extreme best outcome. If it doesnt happen....oh well. Its kinda like working in high dollar sales when your only successful a small part of the time but when you get a sell it makes it all worth it. We have 5 rings I was alive for 4 of them. If I never see another one absolutely no one can take those experiences away from me nor steal my fandom.
m_5d2dda112f82769bde3dabeb.jpg

Valkyr

Reaction score
As long as we have a GM who cannot be fired, and therefore has zero actual accountability, occasional success is all we can hope for.

And by 'success', I mean the carnival barker GM tying to convince everyone that mediocrity=success.

I only hope I see an NFC title game appearance before the sun goes supernova.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I am just holding out hope that McCarthy can buffer out Jerry long enough to have success.

2 coaches have been able to have some level of legit control under Jerry. Jimmy and Parcells. I am hoping that McCarthy can do the same.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Some days, I can only take so much of the meaningless hand-wringing that goes on here:

"Let's sign this guy who just got cut!"

"Let's trade our first round pick for the next 4 years for some QB I only learned existed last month!"

I suppose some of you are young, but the old timers should know better. I fully expect to go to my grave waiting for the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl. Blow smoke up your backside if it makes you feel better, but the 3 SBs in the 90s were all about Jimmy. It's not an accident that Jerry and his son haven't been able to sniff another in a quarter century - do you need another 25 years to accept reality?

Sign Dak! Don't sign Dak!

I'll do you one better - it doesn't matter. The Cowboys brain trust isn't smart enough to build a champion, with or without Dak. The sooner you accept it the less frustrated you'll be when the inevitable happens next season, and the next, and the next...:rolleyes:
I tend to agree! But I do cling to the idea that this team needs to find an elite alpha QB that can over ride the dysfunction within the organization.

shabazz

Reaction score
Now that we regressed from past seasons, I'd be happy to just win the division and not finish 8-8 again......baby steps

JustChip

Reaction score
Given the modus operandi of this franchise, I don't see a legitimate contender for at least another decade.

Next year smells like 6-10.
I don’t know about 6-10, but this season feels like a huge disappointment in the making. The increased excitement increases the risk of disappointment. A wild card playoff berth and an opening loss in the playoffs won’t be viewed favorably given the excitement, not to mention if they only go 8-8. This just feels like 2019 & 2019 to me. But I’ll be at every game save Turkey Day cheering, screaming and some rare cussing regardless.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Good ol', Jerry. All we need now is to get Romo out of retirement and make room in the trophy case.

Seems odd that he's talking about personnel, since I've read here that he's handed control to McCarthy. :rolleyes:

You forget Irving as well. Jerry likes his guys.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Now that we regressed from past seasons, I'd be happy to just win the division and not finish 8-8 again......baby steps

It’s the NFL, and every season brings new possibility. You’re thinking too logically. Yeah, logically you build a franchise, every year you get better then you land in the Super Bowl.

Reality is different.

2019: 49ers go from 4-12 to the Super Bowl
2017: Eagles go from 7-9 to the Super Bowl
2016: Falcons go from 8-8 to the Super Bowl
2015: Panthers go from 7-8 to the Super Bowl
etc..

The truth is that the Cowboys have a talented team and now they have a Super Bowl winning coach who has a proven track record of success.

The season rides entirely on the decisions that they make in March and April.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don’t know about 6-10, but this season feels like a huge disappointment in the making. The increased excitement increases the risk of disappointment. A wild card playoff berth and an opening loss in the playoffs won’t be viewed favorably given the excitement, not to mention if they only go 8-8. This just feels like 2019 & 2019 to me. But I’ll be at every game save Turkey Day cheering, screaming and some rare cussing regardless.

It’s too early to be either optimistic or pessimistic. The roster has 53 players and, of those 53, 32 are free agents. THIRTY-TWO!!

I have been a Cowboys fan since the 70’s and I never remember an off-season like this one. This roster can and will likely look entirely different than last year. I imagine that it’s something that appealed to McCarthy and is why he took the job; he can very quickly reshape the roster how he wants.

Hold your pessimism at least until June when we see which players they’ll be trotting out onto the field.

JustChip

Reaction score
It’s too early to be either optimistic or pessimistic. The roster has 53 players and, of those 53, 32 are free agents. THIRTY-TWO!!

I have been a Cowboys fan since the 70’s and I never remember an off-season like this one. This roster can and will likely look entirely different than last year. I imagine that it’s something that appealed to McCarthy and is why he took the job; he can very quickly reshape the roster how he wants.

Hold your pessimism at least until June when we see which players they’ll be trotting out onto the field.
I’m not necessarily pessimistic. I’m simply of the opinion that they’re is way more risk that the team will not live up to the level of optimism so many have. Simply put, if someone says the expect the team to go 12-4 and be in the NFCCG, I would say there is greater risk they’ll be disappointed than someone that expects the team to go 6-10.

You are absolutely correct on the roster position. It’s similar, albeit to a much larger degree, to post-2016 when the entire secondary were FA. Add to it the contract impasse of Dak and the distraction thereof and it just feels like last year with Zeke and DLaw.