Cowboys fans living in fantasy land

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Good ol', Jerry. All we need now is to get Romo out of retirement and make room in the trophy case.

Seems odd that he's talking about personnel, since I've read here that he's handed control to McCarthy. :rolleyes:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Some days, I can only take so much of the meaningless hand-wringing that goes on here:

"Let's sign this guy who just got cut!"

"Let's trade our first round pick for the next 4 years for some QB I only learned existed last month!"

I suppose some of you are young, but the old timers should know better. I fully expect to go to my grave waiting for the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl. Blow smoke up your backside if it makes you feel better, but the 3 SBs in the 90s were all about Jimmy. It's not an accident that Jerry and his son haven't been able to sniff another in a quarter century - do you need another 25 years to accept reality?

Sign Dak! Don't sign Dak!

I'll do you one better - it doesn't matter. The Cowboys brain trust isn't smart enough to build a champion, with or without Dak. The sooner you accept it the less frustrated you'll be when the inevitable happens next season, and the next, and the next...:rolleyes:

Sorry but I'll just pass on your defeatist ethic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some days, I can only take so much of the meaningless hand-wringing that goes on here:

"Let's trade our first round pick for the next 4 years for some QB I only learned existed last month!"

I suppose some of you are young, but the old timers should know better. I fully expect to go to my grave waiting for the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl. Blow smoke up your backside if it makes you feel better, but the 3 SBs in the 90s were all about Jimmy. It's not an accident that Jerry and his son haven't been able to sniff another in a quarter century - do you need another 25 years to accept reality?

I'll do you one better - it doesn't matter. The Cowboys brain trust isn't smart enough to build a champion, with or without Dak. The sooner you accept it the less frustrated you'll be when the inevitable happens next season, and the next, and the next...:rolleyes:

I'm not a defeatist and feel this team has the ability. As for disappointment if I'm wrong? I can handle disappointment. When you play sports and watch sports you understand how to handle both winning and losing, if you can't handle it find something else to do.

cowboyed

Reaction score
There is always player acquisition agonizing at this time of the year and many fans hang on to Jerry's words as if they were the foundation of reality.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And Jerry's trading for Haley as well as the acquisition of Thomas Everett.

Somehow, Jerry lost his magic touch when Jimmy left. Go figure.

The Galloway disaster, the stupid Roy Williams trade that only 'Horns fans thought was a good idea, and how can we forget Greg Hardy. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There is always player acquisition agonizing at this time of the year and many fans hang on to Jerry's words as if they were the foundation of reality.

Apparently, you'd be amazed at how easy it is to acknowledge that Jerry said something without hanging on to his blather as if it's the foundation of reality.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remind me how much magic Jimmy displayed in Miami.
2-3 in the playoffs his last 3 seasons there. His time with the Dolphins was overshadowed by his success in Dallas. He didn't get fired, he burned out and handed the team over to his friend Dave Wannstedt, who took his first two teams to the playoffs as Johnson had left it well stocked with D talent, his forte.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
To a large degree, this franchise continues to be prisoners of the 90's. That isn't going to happen ever again. There is always going to be a salary cap and no one is ever doing the Herschel deal again.

The organization needs to look forward and not backward. How do you win a super bowl?
- Take all 3 phases of the game seriously.
- Draft well
- Don't give out stupid huge contracts to older players
- Have a great coach
- Be healthy (which is a lot of luck)
- Get lucky in a few close games where one play decides it

With the firing of Garrett, Dallas MAY have taken a big step forward. I'm not sold on MM but I was sold on the fact that Garrett was hurting the team. The drafting hasn't been good the last two years though and Dallas has given out some stupid deals and looks to give out a few more.

I really don't see Dallas as a super bowl team next year but maybe I'm wrong and Garrett was even worse than I thought.
Add one more to your list:
- Don't let an egotistical foolish owner try to coach/manage the team

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Perhaps it is repetitive callousness that wears on people?

”He is the worst player ever! Here’s why!”

That is your opinion. It is understood now. Thanks for sharing.

[Person repeats the same routine for days, months, years, maybe a decade...]

“Your opinion sucks! You’re a troll (or some other descriptive term)!”

“Your optimism eats away at my soul like a cancer! Shaddup already!”

“This is my favorite player in the whole wide world! And I will make you love him just as much too!

Etc., etc.

Fansites like these should help anyone de-stress.

Problem.

Some never de-stress. Literally.

:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score

nah some fans are too happy some too jaded some realist down the middle but dont act like teams like NE of they had lost BB and Brady retired they would immediately be back in SB

Teams like philly took 60yrs to finally win their first, 50yrs between SBs for KC,many who havent won one, some never been to one, other only been to ONE EVER.. so what SBS are so easy a caveman can do it? we can cry we only had 3 in the 90s and waiting 25plus years for another but it doesnt work like that for most teams..

does jerry OWN all these other teams?

Jimmy was Hired by Jerry and Jerry paid the bills made all the decsions to make sure jimmy got what he needed..it wasn't all jimmy.. jimmy didnt win one in Miami, did he? did he make it out of the first round retried again, dude left very team after 4-5 yrs, he didnt have the drive a BB has..?

I'm as upset as anyone we have not sniffed one since 1996 but lest not get so jaded and twisted and act like others teams have regularly been to a SB without dead periods other then NE..yes the drought sux but weve at least been top 10 in wins the last decade and are not the losers like some bottom 16 teams.. I get tis not enough but doesnt mean we arent allowed to be hopeful..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some days,
3qwvqb.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Verdict

Reaction score
After the 3 SB's in the 90's. They still were contenders for a few more years, but all teams fade eventually. Soon even NE will go into a funk also.

But does anyone truly believe after the triplets were aging, Irvin retires due to an injury, Aikman the same a few years later. Emmiitt could not do it all on his own anymore either. So did anyone believe it could keep going with an entire new group of players, which they blew the drafts on. So I expected some down years to rebuild. And it seemed it was happening. Then Bill quits on the team, players stopped playing for Wade, then Jerry is too stubborn to fire his adopted son after 3 years.

But this 25 years stuff is not really 25 years. As I said, expect some down years. So it really has been more like 15 to 18 years. They had a 7 year window with Bill and Wade, then 10 years of Garrett. From 1996 to say 2005, I did not expect anything. Things looked good until for some reason in 2009 the players lost it for Wade.
Since Garrett's 3 win and in 8-8 seasons it really has been a waste more so than those other years.

The Cowboys made the mistake of trying to hold on for too long. They should have moved on from Aikman, Irving and Smith before they did.

Verdict

Reaction score
Jimmy had a national championship ring before he ever came to Dallas - did Jerry help him win that one, too?

Whatever you need to tell yourself a quarter of a century later. Speaking of excuses:

The only two 1 seeds to lose at home in the divisional round this century? The 2007 Cowboys and the 2016 Cowboys. Thanks, Jerry. :facepalm:

How exactly is that Jerrys fault? Lol.

Verdict

Reaction score

Jerry is just having fun with the Cowboys fan base and they think Dez is comin’ back!!!