Twitter: Cowboys fear James Washington broke foot

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I forgot about this guy before he got injured ..... So mehhh

I personally think he had a chance to really be a player for the Cowboy.

Now it'll depend on how he comes back from his foot surgery.

It's football, just because we don't have big names at wr does not mean we can't compete.

I totally agree. Who knows what the Cowboys will do. I'm good either way. But I suspect that they'll have a veteran WR by week 2.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong .... When we signed him I thought it was a good pickup ..... But in all the craziness of the draft and end of the off-season I had forgot about him ...... So it would be silly for me to act like his injury is the end of the world.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I totally agree. Who knows what the Cowboys will do. I'm good either way. But I suspect that they'll have a veteran WR by week 2.
He was not getting good reviews from the media people at camp.

Some of them even discussed that he might not make the team.

I thought based on his game footage that he had a chance to do something, but he apparently struggled to get open in camp.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
His foot is broken, out 6 to 10 weeks. Surgery was successful in repairing the bone. So the clock has started on his recovery. We are five weeks away from our first regular season game and those weeks do count toward Washington's recovery. So that means he will miss between 1 to 5 games. Time for Noah Brown, Simi Fehoko, and TJ Vasher to step up. Coaches need to get over their fears and give these young WRs an opportunity. Rookie Jalen Tolbert should get an opportunity too to step up and show he can be a contributor to this team's success on offense.