Twitter: Cowboys fear James Washington broke foot

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It may have been if they would've used that extra money to improve the team, which from what I'm gathering, they haven't. Cooper, Lamb, and Co sounds alot better than Lamb and Co to start the season. The top 3 to start out the season are looking to be Lamb, a small school rookie, and a guy from the USFL. Trading Cooper for a bag of potato chips was stupid.

They used the money to resign a bunch of really important guys they otherwise would never have been able to. Guys like kearse, LVE, Armstrong, Gallup, Shultz.

THAT being said, they also save money going forward over the next 2 years after this one.

Trading Cooper was 100% the obvious move.

This was not some 4 game move. LOL

Gallup was signed for 5 years. The Cooper savings was over 3 years.

I know of you short term guys think only about a few games, but those that have to run a franchise have to think how these moves affect the team for several years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It may have been if they would've used that extra money to improve the team, which from what I'm gathering, they haven't. Cooper, Lamb, and Co sounds alot better than Lamb and Co to start the season. The top 3 to start out the season are looking to be Lamb, a small school rookie, and a guy from the USFL. Trading Cooper for a bag of potato chips was stupid.

Trading for Cooper for a first rounder was stupid and then trading him away for a 5th. That whole scenario was dumb.

Letting Cooper go and saving 63 million over the next 3 years because you have lamb was the obvious and correct move.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak missed a game last year and the year before due to two separate injuries. In total Dak as missed 12 games in his career. Washington has missed 4 games in 4 years.
That's a dumb analogy.

Dak missed most of those 11 out of those 12 games due to 1 major injury. His other game he missed was due to the original big injury.

Washington has missed 4 games in 4 separate years due to 4 separate non-comparable injuries.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
They used the money to resign a bunch of really important guys they otherwise would never have been able to. Guys like kearse, LVE, Armstrong, Gallup, Shultz.

THAT being said, they also save money going forward over the next 2 years after this one.

Trading Cooper was 100% the obvious move.

This was not some 4 game move. LOL

Gallup was signed for 5 years. The Cooper savings was over 3 years.

I know of you short term guys think only about a few games, but those that have to run a franchise have to think how these moves affect the team for several years.
No, the money they saved this season is sitting in the bank. They're currently $20m+ under the cap.

Long term they just as easily could've traded or cut him next season, and possibly raised his trade value with a decent year.

If the plan is to roll over that cap space into next season, so be it, but the appropriate move should've been to pump it into the defense and build a dominant unit. The move at the time made sense, under the stipulation that the savings make the team better, which it didn't. Stupid move.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's because time is against this organization.

We are already in August. In 5 weeks, the regular season starts. This team is in trouble if they don't find another WR who can start and contribute right away, especially against the Buccaneers and Bengals to start the season.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
All State starter who never sat. So many were jealous, yet they couldn't do half the daily workouts I used to do, much less go 1 on 1 against me. I would have torn them to pieces and knocked the snot out of them. Made several quit football and leave to another school. I don't like to ever brag, but facts are the facts. Laughable seeing sitting on any bench thrown at me.
:lmao:
Where did you play college ball?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, the money they saved this season is sitting in the bank. They're currently $20m+ under the cap.

Long term they just as easily could've traded or cut him next season, and possibly raised his trade value with a decent year.

If the plan is to roll over that cap space into next season, so be it, but the appropriate move should've been to pump it into the defense and build a dominant unit. The move at the time made sense, under the stipulation that the savings make the team better, which it didn't. Stupid move.

You cant decide where the money was placed for the sake of your argument. LOL

Paying a receiver like Cooper 21 million when you have Lamb is the stupid move. Not just about money either.

Letting Cooper walk was the 100% right move. I was proud of the FO when they did it.

But cry on all you want.