CFZ Cowboys finally have path to a Super Bowl

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
We need to start a Twitter campaign to get MP11 the MVP. We could meme this into reality.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is great and all, and last year at this time was when I taught myself how to enjoy the ride, but it’s all about postseason wins when it comes to this team.

14-3 and one and done in January is a failure. Give me 9-8 and two playoff wins in the same season instead.

Sorry to be the least bit negative at a time like this. Maybe the words in the headline irritated me, as I’m convinced that Jerry’s Super Bowl talk leaves this team disinterested and/or unprepared for the early round playoff opponent in front of them.

Oh and uhh…..off the lawn kids!

Legend

Reaction score
NEWSFLASH:
This is how all teams get their #1 rankings. You beat up the teams on your schedule.
Apparently this is not allowed for Dallas and Dak.
#1 ranking in regular season but one and done in the playoffs.

Need a #1 ranking offense that performs well against good and bad teams for some playoff success.

JJ1986

Reaction score
We’ve been waiting since the 90’s for a team we thought could return this franchise back to the glory most of the last two generations grew up with.

We’d hoped could hit on an Elite QB that could carry us but that never developed . But when we least expected it in a draft we were focused on drafting a couple CB’s with our first pick , low and behold the greatest player fell right into our laps.

We were fairly excited we had drafted a solid pick while not addressing our secondary but we had no idea Parsons was fixing to elevate our defense to a level we could only imagine .

Parsons is a generational talent. We’ve had a couple HOFamers earlier this era despite no championship caliber teams in Ware and Witten. And it appears we have a couple more on OL in Tyron and Martin. But none had or has the potential to change the course of Cowboys Football.

Honestly, I had pretty well lost all hope this dysfunctional ownership would ever get lucky and find that talent which could carry this team deep into the playoffs and beyond. But I believe the lottery has come in.

This game yesterday was a true test. I had the Rams winning this game going away. Im all in on Parsons now. He’s a game changer . He totally takes the opponent and QB out of their game.

This is MVP type of performance and could very well lead this dysfunctionally ran franchise further than we’ve been . We still have more test coming in Philly and later in Green Bay for example but we’ve passed the early test. And this is without our starting QB which should be able to add a little more offensive punch to prevent these games from being as close .

I didn’t think I’d ever say this again in my lifetime. But Cowboys Football looks bright. Thanks to Micah Parsons.
No no no. Dallas don’t deserve to be included in this conversation until we have a QB that can win playoff games. Aikman did. What about Romo or Dak?

willia451

Reaction score
Need a #1 ranking offense that performs well against good and bad teams for some playoff success.

There have been many teams that have won SBs with very good defense, very good STs, and a mediocre offense.

So you're argument is invalid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No no no. Dallas don’t deserve to be included in this conversation until we have a QB that can win playoff games. Aikman did. What about Romo or Dak?
With our defense we may not need a high caliber QB.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Overall #1 ranking from predominantly dominating bad teams.

I prefer a #1 offense that puts it on both good and bad teams.
I’m sure you understand that tbe rankings are an average of all the games played. Both good and bad. And all players and teams that are ranked play good and bad teams. The leaders are the leaders.

But really. Your claim is that you can get to number 1 by running it up on bad teams? Maybe that could elevate some teams somewhat, but to number 1???

That can’t be taken seriously.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just imagine when Dak gets back and the offense has a little bit more juice

out-of-gas-deflated.gif

GL with that.....check-down or sack and fumble anyone???

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
DLaw is also bringing it, took a paycut to play with this defense and is making the most of playing with other threats.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With our defense we may not need a high caliber QB.
Now your hopes are that our defense will bail out Dakko.
Well, bud Rush has shown when needed he makes the passes and scores the points to bring our team a WIN.......Clutch!
When has Dak done that last esp against teams like last year's SB teams which Rush just beat???
NEVER.........heck he couldn't even beat the Raiders on Thanksgiving in overtime when he got the ball first......DAK-CHOKED

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We’ve been waiting since the 90’s for a team we thought could return this franchise back to the glory most of the last two generations grew up with.

We’d hoped could hit on an Elite QB that could carry us but that never developed . But when we least expected it in a draft we were focused on drafting a couple CB’s with our first pick , low and behold the greatest player fell right into our laps.

We were fairly excited we had drafted a solid pick while not addressing our secondary but we had no idea Parsons was fixing to elevate our defense to a level we could only imagine .

Parsons is a generational talent. We’ve had a couple HOFamers earlier this era despite no championship caliber teams in Ware and Witten. And it appears we have a couple more on OL in Tyron and Martin. But none had or has the potential to change the course of Cowboys Football.

Honestly, I had pretty well lost all hope this dysfunctional ownership would ever get lucky and find that talent which could carry this team deep into the playoffs and beyond. But I believe the lottery has come in.

This game yesterday was a true test. I had the Rams winning this game going away. Im all in on Parsons now. He’s a game changer . He totally takes the opponent and QB out of their game.

This is MVP type of performance and could very well lead this dysfunctionally ran franchise further than we’ve been . We still have more test coming in Philly and later in Green Bay for example but we’ve passed the early test. And this is without our starting QB which should be able to add a little more offensive punch to prevent these games from being as close .

I didn’t think I’d ever say this again in my lifetime. But Cowboys Football looks bright. Thanks to Micah Parsons.
Not quite there Diehard.
We have to sort out the QB position, THE most important position on the field.
Regardless, I am enjoying watching this defense.
Pure pleasure !

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We need the offense to show it can step up some and maybe it will do that when Dak comes back. I also want to see how the defense performs against a team that doesn't have offensive line problems, so Philly should be a good test of that.

For those of us who have been screaming for defense for years now, though, the formula is definitely solid. Defense still wins championships.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So glad we had to settle for Parsons once the CB’s we wanted were off the board.

Lots of moves like that take at least a little bit of luck. If we had been able to trade up the year we ended up with Dak, we would have ended up with Paxton Lynch as our QB. So when we say that Dallas has drafted well, we need to keep luck in mind.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Yep, and I was looking at this season as a 'soft rebuild' lol