CFZ Cowboys finally have path to a Super Bowl

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I give credit to FO and Will McClay's team of scouts. We cant win with only one player...it takes multiple good players to compete...and the FO has purchased some very fresh groceries for a while now.

Legend

Reaction score
There have been many teams that have won SBs with very good defense, very good STs, and a mediocre offense.

So you're argument is invalid.
This is in reference to the Cowboys #1 offensive ranking last season.

#1 offense did not play well against good teams post the Broncos game and went one and done in the playoffs.

Thus, the need to be good against playoff caliber teams too so they can win a game or two in the playoffs.

Legend

Reaction score
I’m sure you understand that tbe rankings are an average of all the games played. Both good and bad. And all players and teams that are ranked play good and bad teams. The leaders are the leaders.

But really. Your claim is that you can get to number 1 by running it up on bad teams? Maybe that could elevate some teams somewhat, but to number 1???

That can’t be taken seriously.
It is more about having an offense that performs well against good teams and win games in the playoffs instead of the Cowboys #1 offense last season that did not play well against good teams post the Broncos games and went one and done in the playoffs.

I.e., give me an offense that can perform during the playoffs.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It is more about having an offense that performs well against good teams and win games in the playoffs instead of the Cowboys #1 offense last season that did not play well against good teams post the Broncos games and went one and done in the playoffs.

I.e., give me an offense that can perform during the playoffs.

Right. So tell me what we should do about that. What QB can we get that we’re pretty sure would be better. I feel like a see many QB’s struggle. Especially against good defense. Give me your plan.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
We’ve been waiting since the 90’s for a team we thought could return this franchise back to the glory most of the last two generations grew up with.

We’d hoped could hit on an Elite QB that could carry us but that never developed . But when we least expected it in a draft we were focused on drafting a couple CB’s with our first pick , low and behold the greatest player fell right into our laps.

We were fairly excited we had drafted a solid pick while not addressing our secondary but we had no idea Parsons was fixing to elevate our defense to a level we could only imagine .

Parsons is a generational talent. We’ve had a couple HOFamers earlier this era despite no championship caliber teams in Ware and Witten. And it appears we have a couple more on OL in Tyron and Martin. But none had or has the potential to change the course of Cowboys Football.

Honestly, I had pretty well lost all hope this dysfunctional ownership would ever get lucky and find that talent which could carry this team deep into the playoffs and beyond. But I believe the lottery has come in.

This game yesterday was a true test. I had the Rams winning this game going away. Im all in on Parsons now. He’s a game changer . He totally takes the opponent and QB out of their game.

This is MVP type of performance and could very well lead this dysfunctionally ran franchise further than we’ve been . We still have more test coming in Philly and later in Green Bay for example but we’ve passed the early test. And this is without our starting QB which should be able to add a little more offensive punch to prevent these games from being as close .

I didn’t think I’d ever say this again in my lifetime. But Cowboys Football looks bright. Thanks to Micah Parsons.
Dak needs to be the good Dak then we can do it

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We’ve been waiting since the 90’s for a team we thought could return this franchise back to the glory most of the last two generations grew up with.

We’d hoped could hit on an Elite QB that could carry us but that never developed . But when we least expected it in a draft we were focused on drafting a couple CB’s with our first pick , low and behold the greatest player fell right into our laps.

We were fairly excited we had drafted a solid pick while not addressing our secondary but we had no idea Parsons was fixing to elevate our defense to a level we could only imagine .

Parsons is a generational talent. We’ve had a couple HOFamers earlier this era despite no championship caliber teams in Ware and Witten. And it appears we have a couple more on OL in Tyron and Martin. But none had or has the potential to change the course of Cowboys Football.

Honestly, I had pretty well lost all hope this dysfunctional ownership would ever get lucky and find that talent which could carry this team deep into the playoffs and beyond. But I believe the lottery has come in.

This game yesterday was a true test. I had the Rams winning this game going away. Im all in on Parsons now. He’s a game changer . He totally takes the opponent and QB out of their game.

This is MVP type of performance and could very well lead this dysfunctionally ran franchise further than we’ve been . We still have more test coming in Philly and later in Green Bay for example but we’ve passed the early test. And this is without our starting QB which should be able to add a little more offensive punch to prevent these games from being as close .

I didn’t think I’d ever say this again in my lifetime. But Cowboys Football looks bright. Thanks to Micah Parsons.

Some knew how good Parsons would be. When most were clamoring for Kyle Pitts.

FYI........maybe its time you gave a little credit to the FO for once. Their youth movement, getting rid of overpriced veterans, and not getting caught up in FA has turned out to be straight A's.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some knew how good Parsons would be. When most were clamoring for Kyle Pitts.

FYI........maybe its time you gave a little credit to the FO for once. Their youth movement, getting rid of overpriced veterans, and not getting caught up in FA has turned out to be straight A's.
Knowing Parsons would be good is one thing. But no one saw this MVP , taking our defense to a championship level .

And he fell into our lap because two CB’s we targeted were selected right in front of us.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Knowing Parsons would be good is one thing. But no one saw this MVP , taking our defense to a championship level .

I said point blank in TC his rookie year that he was the closest thing to LT since LT. But whatever.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Interesting. I thought you had gotten your act together finally.
I’m consistently in the middle of the extreme arguments with Prescott.

I’m bashed by the Haters for defending him and bashed by the homers for my criticism.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m consistently in the middle of the extreme arguments with Prescott.

I’m bashed by the Haters for defending him and bashed by the homers for my criticism.

I recall you being very critical of him the first 3 or 4 years then coming around the last year or two. Now your back to the average thing.

mcmvp

Reaction score

just for humor

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I recall you being very critical of him the first 3 or 4 years then coming around the last year or two. Now your back to the average thing.
It all depends on the topic. I can come across very defending of him in the attack threads. But can come across more critical when the homers go too far.

I’ve argued that most Cowboy fans are more in the middle.